Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Content Libraries 2016

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
3343 Views, 5 Replies

Revit Content Libraries 2016

When I go to install Revit 2016, Autodesk has everything checked but next to the Content Libraries there is a yellow triangle with an exclamation point. I am working off of Windows 64bit and have installed and uninstalled 2016 multiple times. Also, I have tried to repair and reinstall just the Content Libraries.

Please try to help!! Thanks,

Ellie

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If you hover over the triangle, what does the message say?

What worked for me last week was to remove both Revit 2016 and the content libraries (if it shows up in your installed library folders) and then install both Revit 2016 and the content libraries together again.

Jennifer Hoskens

CAD-1, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I just tried to install Revit 2016 again and now there is a new issue that
nothing will install
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

is it saying Revit's already installed?

Can you provide anymore information, or the installation log files (found in your temp folder) or a screen shot of what you're seeing?

Message 5 of 6
Tony_Michniewicz

The yellow triangle system is not an error but rather an informational message.  If you hover your cursor over this icon, you should see one of the following messages:

• The media does not contain content and will be downloaded during installation.
  • The media does not contain content and an internet connection was not detected.  Content will not be installed if an internet connection is not established.

As long as you have an active network connection, downloading content during the installation of Revit should not be a problem.  If you don't have an active network connection, my best suggestion would be to download (possibly from another system) Revit using the Autodesk Download Manager.  This will ensure that your installation media includes the files necessary to install content without requiring an internet connection.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Tony_Michniewicz

Dear Reviteers,

As it happens I installed Revit 2016 and the library content simply was not there.

To my chargrin, when I re-installed the content, specifically for Revit 2016, what  have reappeared in RVT 2016 folder is the content all right but... in Revit 2017!

How on Earth is that possible?

Any help please...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report