Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit and Chrome books

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
10254 Views, 10 Replies

Revit and Chrome books

Hello all. My school is making a one to one switch wherein the Chrome book is the current tool for all student work. In so much I am wondering if Revit and or AutoCAD can be done on these devices to a degree which will allow the student to obtain certification at a later date?

I really need an answer from any one, especially from someone at AutoDesk so that I can establish what my next few years of instruction and pathway for my students will look like.

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community...

Autodesk products cannot be installed on a Chromebook.   Chromebooks are not a Windows operating system.,

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 11
DarrenP

System requirements for revit: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

System requirements for Autocad: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System...

both require Microsoft Windows

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 4 of 11
Darin.Green

Hi @Anonymous, you can accomplish this by using CrossOver which is similar to Parallels for MAC... That being said, you may need to get your school IT Staff involved to configure this for you.

Use the following link for information on CrossOver

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Darin.Green

Thank you for this possible solution. I'm just hoping it is something which will work within my educational setting. It would be a great enhancement and benefit to our course and the students. Would you know of any contact that could lead me or my tech in the right direction for making this happen?

Gary DeBorde
Engineering Technology
STEAM Academy
Lexington KY
Message 6 of 11
Darin.Green

Here's a tutorial section for a walk-through of installing CrossOver by the company who created it CodeWeavers

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Darin.Green

Thanks to all. I'm hoping that this is something our district will welcome as we move forward with a one to one device policy based on Chrome Books... Please feel free to contact me down the road if you'd like to know how it worked.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Thanks a bunch. I will definitely look into this.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Did Inventor work on chrome?
Message 10 of 11
kbogoski
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I was told by an AutoDesk customer service person that Revit was going to be cloud-based.  Is this happening?

Message 11 of 11
mdavis22569

Sadly Mark can't reply to this. 

However for this:
I was told by an AutoDesk customer service person that Revit was going to be cloud-based.  Is this happening?

They are cloud based but I don't see it as a full cloud based and till it's fully announced, I wouldn't plan on it.

However I wouldn't believe a Chromebook would have the power / video card to handle a big Revit model

Mike 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report