Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2023.1 Instalation Error

55 REPLIES 55
SOLVED
Message 1 of 56
29716 Views, 55 Replies

Revit 2023.1 Instalation Error

Hi,

i'm trying to upgrade revit to 2023.1 but always get error 101, when updating from desktop app.

If i try to install from installer (Revit 2023_1.exe) it requests RVT.msi. I've downloaded the original installer from produts management but get incompatible file and error 1603.

55 REPLIES 55
Message 41 of 56

@Andrew_BrinkDesign, Have a look at this..!!

(https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit/troubleshooting/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-revit-2...)

Thanks and Regards,

Rushabh Thakkar.

Please use the Accept Solution button to mark any posts that provide the answer or solution. 

Likes are always welcome.

LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook.      

Message 42 of 56

Yeah, when I try to install RVTCPENU.exe - the file for US English Content
for Revit 2023 - it says it's already installed. It does not contain any
family templates. Trying a clean install of 2023 now.
Message 43 of 56
esatis
in reply to: rushabhthakkar_910

There are no Family TEMPLATES in English in the link you provide. 

esatis_0-1673255340417.png

Message 44 of 56
mdavis22569
in reply to: 1161314

@esatis that's a different issue.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 45 of 56
Andrew_BrinkDesign
in reply to: esatis

I did a clean install of 2023 and the family templates were included (exact same process as the first install too). The family libraries were missing though - so I was able to use that content dl link to get them.
Message 46 of 56

There's still no solution for this issue? I've tried again to install Revit 2023.1.1 and still got the error 101. I cannot use dynamo player, no generative design and today i discover that i don't have the Formit addin. And i really need it.

Message 47 of 56
vaughn

After spending hours trying several different solutions the solution in this article worked.
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Install-...
Message 48 of 56
in reply to: vaughn

Finally, it's solved. Thanks to all

Message 49 of 56
rsuverkropTU2PM
in reply to: Thanos603

Autodesk needs to fix the issue on their end and re-issue - we shouldn't have to do all this error prone leg work

Message 50 of 56
rsuverkropTU2PM
in reply to: W_Whit

They need to fix the problem - then re-issue 

Message 51 of 56
michael.visek

I just tried to install this update today and have the same problem.  Why is this still an issue this far into knowledge of the problem?

Message 52 of 56
eschlegel

Having the same issues, Autodesk, please create a new deployment that includes a fix or at least a command switch to bypass this error.  We imagine it would cause issues with other versions that are already installed that are using the newest version of the Identity Manager.

Message 53 of 56
mdavis22569

@eschlegel on a forum 

Better to put a support ticket in about it .. 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 54 of 56
Jeff_Elevate
in reply to: mdavis22569

I ended up doing a complete uninstall/reinstall.  Sorry I didn't repost sooner.  Seems to have worked.  

Message 55 of 56
patrick
in reply to: EBowman2

I wanted to like this post but I couldn't, since it appears I already liked it the last time I spend > 1 hour trying to figure out why my oh-so-easy-to-use Autodesk Desktop App gets stuck in the update process AGAIN. Which is probably +/- 4 months ago when I swore an oath never to use the updater again. Oh well, at least now I remember why. Utterly rediculous, why don't they just put a listbox in the installer where you can select your build BEFORE starting the updater?

Message 56 of 56
vewright
in reply to: EBowman2

Aaahh - a glimmer of common sense! Considering the number of files required for an update, and the diversity of Revit installations in the field, shouldn't the update package include EVERYTHING required for the update? Hint - the answer is YES.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report