Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
980 Views, 7 Replies

Revit 2020 License

I downloaded the trial version and it has now expired. I am a student so I meant to download Revit 2020 as a student. I have redownloaded everything and it still wont let me get on Revit and it shuts down every time I try to launch Revit or any Autodesk programs.  

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Cody.Terry
in reply to: Anonymous

jpotts9HYJPL If you’re signed in to the Autodesk desktop app or Autodesk cloud-based services, sign out. Then clear the login status by deleting the LoginState.xml file at this location:
Windows: %localappdata%\Autodesk\Web Services\LoginState.xml (Tip: From the Task Manager, select the Details tab. If the AdSSO service is running, click End Task and delete the LoginState.xml file.)
Then try running Revit and enter your student serial number or sign in as necessary.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Cody.Terry

I am followed your steps until I get to "AdSSO service" I am not sure what this means. I am not sure if this will help but this is the image that pops up when I try to open Revit or any auto desk program. 2021-02-21 (2).png 

Message 4 of 8
Cody.Terry

AdSSO is the autodesk single sign on component.  It's typically installed by default with any of the Autodesk products. That error has a knowledge Article here: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-...

I recommend you try installing the updates from the article and then try running Revit again.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Nothing I have tried is working. It does not make since because it says my education access is good for another year but none of my Autodesk programs will open. Revit 2020 is what I need and when I launch it and try to put in a serial number it just closes out and will not let me enter anything. I have uninstalled literally everything and reinstalled it and nothing changes. Also the Autodesk Desktop App has an update and when I update it the update processes and finishes, but will appear again as if I never installed the update. It is update 11.0.0.4854

Message 6 of 8
mdavis22569

Try uninstalling / reinstalling it clean.

You shouldn't have a serial number anymore. It should have you use your Autodesk ID for a SIGN IN activation.

What do you show in your Account manager under Revit?  Still the Serial Number or Sign In?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

So, there's this odd thing that the single sign on / Autodesk desktop app did before a certain patch. Reinstalling it should work but a quick check might be to make sure all autodesk processes are closed in task manager. The desktop app should be the first thing you start after having cleared the previously mentioned LoginState. If that doesn't work, I would suggest uninstalling the desktop app, clearing any cache download files, and reinstalling from a fresh download.

Message 8 of 8
mcabrera_symetri

Hello.

Did any of these suggestions worked? Let us know and we'd be happy to assist you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report