Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2020, 2020.02.5 update issue.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
atashpareh
525 Views, 3 Replies

Revit 2020, 2020.02.5 update issue.

Hello,

After installing the 2020.02.5 update from the Desktop App, The Revit version remains unchanged as 2020.02.4. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the update but with no luck. It does not give me an error but it seems like the installation process takes just a second that is odd as the package is about 480MB.

Anyone had a similar issue or know how to resolve it?

TY.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
natasha.l
in reply to: atashpareh

Hello @atashpareh

Thank you for sharing the steps you have taken and the observations you made. The fact that you mention a delay in the installation processing and applying the update. This makes me believe there is some interference within your environment, so try running through these steps. 

1. Reboot the computer, make sure apps are not auto running in the background 
  2. Log in as Administrator (check your permissions, full control) or create a new profile
  3. Make sure you have an uninterrupted high-speed connection to the internet & try adjusting your  LAN  & proxy settings etc.
  4. Clean up the TEMP folder. To open the TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in the search bar by the Windows Start Menu and hit Enter, then delete unnecessary (Windows)
  5. Temporarily disable/disconnect security features such as Antivirus, Firewall, VPN & UAC on your Windows operating system.
  6. Then try installing it again from your Autodesk Account instead

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 4
atashpareh
in reply to: natasha.l

Thank you for your response but, unfortunately It did not solve my problem.

I also found out that my Autodesk Desktop Connector is not up to date and the update does not finish installing as well. It gives me a Fatal Error message in the middle of the installation.

I'm thinking of uninstalling and installing a fresh copy of Revit2020. I hope it solves the problem.

Message 4 of 4
atashpareh
in reply to: atashpareh

So I installed a fresh copy of Revit2020 and it resolved the issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report