Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revit 2018 installation error 1619

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
647 Views, 1 Reply

revit 2018 installation error 1619

I've tried to install Revit 2018 several times through different methods but but it always fails because of unknown error. From the log files I can see that Microsoft Visual C++  files fail to install and after failed installation I've uninstalled all those files and tried again but it didn't help and I even rebooted my computer but that didn't help either. What I also don't get is that in the beginning of the installation process the Microsoft Visual C++ files are installed succesfully but then at the very end of the process it tries to install them again and fails. I'm using Windows 10  on my computer. How can I fix this? 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mpeperkamp
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

We need some more information, but if you haven't tried a Browser Download & prepared your system for a download & install, you can give it a try. Download the software via the Autodesk Virtual Agent or Autodesk account using the Browser Download from the drop down. 

1. Conduct a Clean Uninstall of the program use MSfixitTool to complete the uninstall 
  2. Log in as an Administrator 
  3. Empty your TEMP folder. To open the TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in the address bar of Windows Start Menu and hit Enter 
  4. Temporarily disable your Antivirus software & Firewall
  5. Temporarily disable UAC:  Windows 7 , Windows 10 
  6. Download  via the Autodesk Virtual Agent (download all 3parts)
  7. Use Browser Download Method from Autodesk Account or via the Autodesk Virtual Agent (download all the parts)

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Best regards,
Michiel Peperkamp
Cadac Group AEC
Cadac Group
Platinum Partner

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report