Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2017 student download

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
10756 Views, 10 Replies

Revit 2017 student download

Anyone also having trouble downloading student version of revit 2017? I am signed in, but when I try to install the student version of revit, it asks me to "sign in" or "Create account". But nothing happens when I press any of these two buttons and I can't push the "install now" and I can't choose my operating system, language etc. Anyone?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
muriel.a
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Can you please try to download Revit 2017 directly from our Virtual Agent? Click on Download Links, choose product and version.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Muriel Assuncao
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: muriel.a

Thank you. I have same problem that I accidentally download 2016.
So I reinstall 2017 student version with put serial # got from 2016.
But it didn't work. My question is how can i get serial # or other magic?
Message 4 of 11
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community..

Serial #s are issued for each version.  So you need to go back and request the correct one and then you will be issued a serial # for that given version.

But your posting is very confusing..  You stated you accidentally downloaded AutoCAD 2016 but reinstall 2017 with the 2016 serial #s.  If you have a serial # for AutoCAD 2016 why didn't you just use it when you accidentally downloaded 2016. 

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

I did as you suggested and entered the site via the virtual Agent - but when I search the product list - the student version of Revit 2017 is no where to be found. what do you suggest now?

Message 6 of 11
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

The virtual agent is just software.  Software is the same if you are running a trial (30 day free), paid for it, or as a student.  Its the serial # that you use and activate with that determines what type of license you have.  So go back to the Virtual Agent and follow those steps.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thank you Mark for your prompt answer, I got as far downloading Revit 2017 and have also installed it. I received the serial number and product key. However what has stopped me activating is that the character in the product Key is a seriffed I and when I type a captital I into the Product Kay space to activate Revit 2017 - the seriffed I ( capital I with feet, top and bottom) the Auto desk system - rejects it as not valid ...  I don't know which character from the keyboard, to substitute in it's place - this is how the product key looks on my account - xstands for numbers and show is the problem character:

xxxIx  

....Any thoughts ?

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

In addition to last post - to clarify - the autodesk activation page,  which I mentioned in the last post changes the serrifed I into an ordinary sans serrif I. Even if I try to copey and paste it from the account page. Also, changed it when I copied and pasted it from Word.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Message 9 of 11
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Never copy and paste product key or serial # into the activation information.

The fourth character in the product key for Revit 2017 or any other Autodesk 2017 product is the letter I (eye).  Just to confirm what product key are you using?  Product keys are not secret..  They are the same for everybody so you can share it.

Mark Lancaster

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Hi, i would like to get a serial number and product key of revit structure 2016 as a student, i already founded the instalation link and the product key but not the the serial number. If someone can help me finding it, i will appreciate it.

Message 11 of 11
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

First thing welcome to the community..

Second thing..    Please do not hi-jack another posting and change the subject matter.   This posting is about Revit 2017..

Did you request the 2016 version?  If not please go here, sign in and request that version.

Mark Lancaster

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report