Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2016: Unsupported Operating System

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
Anonymous
15138 Views, 18 Replies

Revit 2016: Unsupported Operating System

Hi guys, I keep getting a problem when I try to install revit saying "Unsupported Operating System" "You cannot install this product on the current operating system." even when I have already checked the requirements and it should be fine. I have Windows 7 Ultimate with Service Pack 1.

I've been trying to install Revit 2016 for a while now and hopefully someone can help me get this thing working soon. I attached a screenshot of my system properties as well as the problem. Please help me, I really need to get Revit running soon (Educational Version).

systemproperties.pngproblem.png

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
ukdxb012
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

This is strange... have you tried reinstalling or repairing SP1 for Windows?

The install should work as you have the system requirements needed for Revit 2016.

Just out of interest, are you creating an install from a Deployment Image or just Install? Your not trying to install anything from Tools & Utilities are you like Revit Server as this will not install on your OS and needs Windows Server.

Also, have you tried redownloading the software from Autodesk Virtual Agent? http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk&startContext=Root.Front%20Desk

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: ukdxb012

Hi Duncan, I got the installer from my friend since I had trouble downloading Revit 2016 onto my computer and it seems to install well on her laptop as well as her computer, but not on mine. Downloading isn't an option for me as we have terrible internet connection, and it has already failed to download many times before.

SP1 has just been recently updated onto my computer so I don't think that is the case.. how to I repair it?

Message 4 of 19
m_latz

Can you please upload your setup.ini file that I can take a look ?

regards

Markus

Message 5 of 19
m_latz
in reply to: m_latz

And you should verify this:

PCA-Settings.png

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: m_latz

I have a problem like that. I send you attachments.

Operating System.jpg

And this is my setup.ini file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6u00xw7l0l8c32o/Setup.ini?dl=0

Looking forward to your help! Thanks in Advance!

Message 7 of 19
DarrenP

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a problem like that. I send you attachments.

Operating System.jpg

And this is my setup.ini file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6u00xw7l0l8c32o/Setup.ini?dl=0

Looking forward to your help! Thanks in Advance!

you need SP 1 for Windows 7 as stated in the system requirements

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

Now I've known. thank you very much!

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

How do i know if i have SP1 windows 7   and how do i get that.  I have same issue

thanks

Message 10 of 19
Anonymous

Solved...... After installed the updates of service pack 1. 

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous

problem.png    sir what can i do for installing revit 2017

Message 12 of 19
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community..

Your image shows you're trying to install Revit 2016 but you said you're having issues with Revit 2017.  Which one do you actually need?

Also when a message like that appears and you have WIn 7 with SP1..  That usually means there's something wrong with your Windows OS/service pack.  Have you tried the accepted solutions in this posting?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 13 of 19
pranesh.arry8JRFZ

Even I got this problem while getting mudbox in my 6th pc, then i realised that we need Windows SP1 for this **** to work...

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous

how do you install the sp 1? it opened up mine in notepad 

Message 15 of 19
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Are you sure you have an executable file or perhaps a read-me about the service pack.  Can you specify the name of the file you have for service pack 1.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

i updated the sp1 pack thru windows .after i updated , still the same message occur , unsupported os . previously someone post the revit setup file that opened up in notepad, how do this one works ?setup.JPG

Message 17 of 19
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

This is an INI (just text data) file that controls the installation process.  It will not install anything.   To me it sounds like you have something wrong with your Windows machine.

Mark Lancaster

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous

I can not install AutoCAD 2108 after Windows Update 10 has been installed on your PC before

Message 19 of 19
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

First do not take an existing posting and change the title to suit your needs..  This posting is about Revit and not AutoCAD.   Please review #6 under the Etiquette section of https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-faq/etiquette-and-ground-rules/td-p/5384757.

When I see that message that usually points to a failed Windows update or certain updates never got applied.  I would start there.

Mark Lancaster

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report