Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstalling ACAD Software on New Laptop

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
458 Views, 3 Replies

Reinstalling ACAD Software on New Laptop

I have a valid subscription for AutoCAD LT+Revit LT which allows two installations.  I had one installation on my PC, the other on my travel laptop.  Unfortunately, my laptop bricked completely and is junk, and so I purchased a replacement laptop.

Where can I find instructions on how to reinstall on the new laptop?  As draconian as AutoDesk has become with their licensing, I want to be sure I can do this without issue and know of any potential issues beforehand. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

There is no magic or secret way to do it: just download/install the software like you always do/did previously. It's that simple, has been for quite some time now.

HTH
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

So no, "Oh you installed AUtoCAD two times, you can't install it a third time without buying additional seats"?

What can I say - I have trust issues, especially with big, faceless corporations like AutoDesk.

Message 4 of 4
leowarren34
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, @Anonymous,

If you manage to hit the activation through compliant usage then you can just reach out to support who will reset the limit. As long as you have the correct number of seats for the correct number of users then it's good.

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report