Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with loading renderman renderer

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
wy.klight
13897 Views, 8 Replies

Problem with loading renderman renderer

I am using Maya 2015, and I have successfully install renderman 21 non-commercial version. 

However,I am currently experience some problem when loading renderman.   I am unable to tick the "loaded" box in plugin manager(the tick would disappear once my mouse leave the box). Hence, I am unable to access to the window/panel for renderman.

problem 1.jpg

this is the error that I found from script editor, whenever I tick the "loaded"

// Error: line 1: The specified procedure could not be found.
(RenderMan_for_Maya) //
// Error: line 1: Unable to dynamically load : C:/Program Files/Pixar/RenderManForMaya-21.2-maya2015/plug-ins/RenderMan_for_Maya.mll
The specified procedure could not be found.

Is there anyway to fix it?Smiley Sad

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
natasha.l
in reply to: wy.klight

Hello @wy.klight,

Sorry for the inconvenience. I understand you can not find your Renderman plug-in in Maya. 

Make sure the specs match up with your Maya version 

1. Clarify the exact version of Maya, for example: Maya 2013 (Gold), Maya 2013 SP1, Maya 2013 SP2, Maya 2013 Extension 1 or Maya 2013 Extension 

2. The Extension versions are completely different from the Gold and SP version.  The Renderman plug-in must be re-compiled correctly to a particular version of Maya.

3. You will need to tell Pixar the version of Maya you are using and confirm the Plug-in is compiled correctly against the Gold, SP or Extension version of Maya 2013.

Please keep us posted on the progress. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
wy.klight
in reply to: natasha.l

Uhm...i'm using Maya 2015. 

Message 4 of 9
natasha.l

Hello @wy.klight,

You may also be experiencing an issue with an incomplete install of the plug-in maybe RenderMan didn’t go through.

Please check to see if you have the following file C:/Program Files/Pixar/RenderManForMaya-21.2-maya2015/plug-ins/RenderMan_for_Maya.mll, if not...

Please try to conduct a Clean Uninstall of the program use MSfixitTool to complete the uninstall & Download via the  Autodesk Virtual Agent

Let us know how it goes. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
natasha.l

Hello @wy.klight,

I wanted to check-in with you, I hope you were able to resolve the issue with the Renderman plug-in. 

If so, please select a response that resolved the issue and click "Accept As Solution" button to help others in the community. 

Thank you. 

Message 6 of 9
nlutzko
in reply to: natasha.l

Hello,

I am using Maya 2018 student version and Renderman 23.0.  I was working on a personal project this morning and everything was going smoothly.  This is not a new file, I have been working with it for quite some time now and never had this sort of situation before.  I then saved and quit the file.  When I came back to it, I began running into a whole mess of issues.  I am having the same issue as in this thread, where the Renderman plugins cannot be clicked on to load and no matter the file, it will crash when I attempt to run IT render.  Below is a brief example of the error I have received.  As you can see, I even tried downloading the latest version of Renderman (23.1) which has still not resolved the issue.

Error: [rfm] ERROR: (MainThread) RenderMan_for_Maya initializePlugin: Failed to register geometric override: PxrRodLightFilter //
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/startup/autoLoadPlugin.mel line 35: RuntimeError: file C:/Program Files/Pixar/RenderManForMaya-23.1/plug-ins/RenderMan_for_Maya.py line 905: (kInvalidParameter): Cannot find item of required type //
// Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/startup/autoLoadPlugin.mel line 35: Failed to call script initialize function //
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/startup/autoLoadPlugin.mel line 35: (RenderMan_for_Maya) //

Any assistance that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Nic Lutzko

Message 7 of 9
claudioAQZR2
in reply to: nlutzko

I am having a similar issue....Maya crashes when trying to render. 

I tried to the clean uninstall for renderman and the error continues.

// Error: [rfm]    ERROR:  (MainThread)  RenderMan_for_Maya initializePlugin: Failed to register geometric override: PxrRodLightFilter //
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2019/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 289: RuntimeError: file C:/Program Files/Pixar/RenderManForMaya-23.3/plug-ins/RenderMan_for_Maya.py line 921: (kInvalidParameter): Cannot find item of required type //
// Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2019/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 289: Failed to call script initialize function //
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2019/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 289:  (RenderMan_for_Maya) //
load_rfm("23.3", "rfm2.api.nodes.create_and_select('PxrDomeLight')");
# Error: file: C:/Program Files/Pixar/RenderManForMaya-23.3/scripts/load_rfm.mel line 26: AttributeError: file C:\Program Files\Pixar\RenderManForMaya-23.3\scripts\rfm2\maya_node.py line 1070: 'Config' object has no attribute 'extensions' #

Message 8 of 9

Hi Claudio,

I asked a friend and it turns out that it has to do with the licensing.  You may have multiple licenses and need to delete them.  Renderman may be looking at the old files and update the date but not update the Mac address or host name if you have recently updated your computer.

Under Program Files > Pixar you should have one pixar.license file.

If you see something that looks like thispixarLicense.JPG.  Try deleting them all, uninstalling renderman again if you re-installed it, and downloading it one more time.

Let me know if this works for you!  Best of luck!

Message 9 of 9

Hi Nicholas,

I did exactly as you mentioned, removed the files ( I had 2 licenses), uninstall render man, than download again from renderman official site. I did the process two times, but still have maya crashing: After setting the scene (geo + pxrsurface + pxrdomelight ), hit render, It window pops up, full white screen, followed by the message "it.exe is

notworking" , than Maya crash.

folder.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report