Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem updating to Maya 2016 Service Pack 1 on OS X: adlmreg command not found

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1375 Views, 3 Replies

Problem updating to Maya 2016 Service Pack 1 on OS X: adlmreg command not found

A couple of days ago, I installed the student version of Maya 2016 on a Mac running OS X 10.10.4. The installation and registration went smoothly, as far as I know, and I was able to run Maya just fine.

Then I wanted to install mental ray, and I found out that Maya 2016 Service Pack 1 is also available, so I wanted to update to that first.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-maya-2016-servi...

The above download page says: “On Mac and Linux operating systems, this service pack is a full product install. Uninstall your existing Maya 2016 software before installing this service pack.” So, wanting to do things correctly, I found official instructions for uninstalling Maya.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/MAYAUL/2016/ENU/?guid=GUID-5E1899D4-351E-4404-845C-0AD223FB122D

Following the above uninstallation help page, I went into my Applications folder, then the Autodesk folder, and I dragged the maya2016 folder to the Trash. So far, so good.

Then I attempted to run the given adlmreg commands in the Terminal—of course using the actual product key—and I received the bash “command not found” error.

I don’t know exactly what adlmreg is supposed to do on my machine, but it clearly has something to do with licensing the product, and it seems pretty important not to skip this step. How should I proceed to install SP1 and mental ray?

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

No need to run the adlmreg commands.  Just install it.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/02/reset-standalone-licensing-on-the-mac.html

David Lau
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Problem solved. Thank you!

I do still wonder why the manual would suggest something that does not appear to work (at least on my machine). Am I the only one who did not receive a copy of the adlmreg command?

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

I have followed the same steps. After installing Maya 2016 SP1 the program opened the first time, but I was unable to open it again after saving a project. I get many error messages and the first message is that it cannot find procedure "showLayers". I tried the adlmreg command and received the same command not found in response.  I type the following, one line at a time, and replace <productKey> with the product key:

adlmreg –u S <productKey> 2016.0.0.F
adlmreg –u N <productKey> 2016.0.0.F

I still have Maya and Mental Rey 2015 in the same Autodesk folder, as well as Maya and Mental Rey 2016. Should I delete everything and start fresh? I'm afraid that I might end up losing access to 2015 as well:

I've been stuck now for three days. Is there anything else I could do to fix this or can I talk to someone over the phone? Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report