Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem loading acadres.dll resource file. In Autocad 2017

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
Anonymous
91647 Views, 22 Replies

Problem loading acadres.dll resource file. In Autocad 2017

It is showings the bar as I double click on the applications that "Problem loading acadres.dll resource file." In autocad 2017 . I have reinstall all the application but then also the problem has not solve . please help me. I am helpfull from half month
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
Erense
in reply to: Anonymous

Fortunately ther is a solution but unfortunately  it is not a simple one:

error acadres.dll

Hope this helps

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Kind regards,

Edwin Rense
Cadac Group AEC BV
Supporting Consultant AEC
Cadac Group .
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: Erense

This solution doesnot work
Message 4 of 23
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

What is your operating system on your computer? Was your software working before and then failed? If so, do you know what changed on your computer to cause this?

You say you reinstalled but I suggest that you might consider doing a clean uninstall of all the Autodesk products and also check your registry to see if any remnants remain.

Then, perform all your Windows updates and finally do a reinstall.

Here is a post that describes best practices for installation.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

I have done all this cleanup fully and uninstall all program . and
reinstall it but all are working but only AutoCAD application is showing "
problem loading a cadres.DLL resource file " in AutoCAD 2017
Message 6 of 23
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

I am sorry this still isn't working for you. Did you uninstall the C++ libraries and the .NET? I suggest that you go to your Autodesk account page and schedule a call in order to create a case for this issue.

In the mean time I have moved this thread to the Installation forum so that you might get additional insights and solutions.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 7 of 23
Erense

Is AutoCAD started at all?

If so type NETLOAD an browse to the folder: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2017\en-US\

Select the acadres.dll click [Open ]

What happens?

Or you try and register the acadres.dll from REGSVR32.exe. Either by drag and drop or via the CMD console.

Any luck there?

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Kind regards,

Edwin Rense
Cadac Group AEC BV
Supporting Consultant AEC
Cadac Group .
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous

i have uninstal every thing star from microsoft visual c++ and reinstall it
but not uninstall .net
Message 9 of 23
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Here is another article to go through. The problem might lie with the .Net as I mentioned previously.

John Vellek

Message 10 of 23
Anonymous

How to solve this problem AutoCAD 2017 close while loading plug-ins....
acmgd.dll on the startup. Automatic it closes while loading plug-ins .1) As
we double click on application the startup opens. 2) As it is open It shows
Installizing / First run installizing . 3) After that it loads plugin . 4)
As it reach to loading plug-ins.... acmgd.dll it closes and nothing is
shown .Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you for giving your
important time
Message 11 of 23
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

What is your operating system?

I believe the necessary steps are outlined in this article (previously attached).

If you go through ALL the steps and it is not successful then I believe a clean build on the computer might be necessary.  You are welcome to use your Autodesk account to schedule a call before taking this step.

John Vellek

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous

My operating system is windows 8.1 pro with amd series and 8 GB ram
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous

Thank you, Saludos desde Perú !!! 😄 !!! 

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous

Hi,

I have just bought a inspiron 15 5000 series which has intel core i3 7th gen. I keep getting the error message "problem loading acadres.dll resource file." is there a way to fix this or is it that my laptop is unable to run autocad?

Message 15 of 23
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Here are the system requirements for AutoCAD 2017.  Can you confirm this is the version of AutoCAD you are running? Is the operating system Windows 10?

It sounds like this is perhaps a fresh install. Has AutoCAD ever run properly on this computer?

Here is an Up- and-ready article that describes one possible reason for this error. Please let me know if the permissions need to be adjusted on your computer too for the application to run properly.

I am a bit confused though as your subject line does not match the error in your post. Please confirm the error you are receiving.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 16 of 23
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

Can you please provide specific information about what & when you are experiencing an issue?  What other products do you have installed?

Please try to conduct the following steps: 

1. Clean uninstall of an Autodesk product
  2. Remove all Autodesk products from a Windows system
  3. Prepare to Download & Install 

4. Use the Browser Download Method in your Autodesk Account

Thank you for posting, let us know if you have any more questions or need some more help. 

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 17 of 23
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

I wanted to check-in with you, I hope you were able to resolve the issue. 

If so please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

Hello,

I used to have a both civil 3D 2018 and autocad 2018. At the start civil 3D would open and work fine but autocad 2018 wouldn't open. A week later civil 3D also stopped working so I uninstalled both like you suggested. I am very happy now because both are now working fine. Thank you for the advise it has really helped.
Message 19 of 23
lvautodesk

I have the same issue and I did the clean install, and followed all steps from comments. Uninstalled Redistributales, cleared the reg, etc. I can't use Autocad for months now, it simply does not work on my machine! I am  doomed to use Revit until I will change PC one day I guess. I ran Autocad 2017 on a Win 10 x64 machine.

Message 20 of 23
john.vellek
in reply to: lvautodesk

HI @lvautodesk,

Have you considered a clean re-build of your computer's operating system? Or perhaps, it might be worth considering an upgrade to Windows 10 to see if your issue persists.

Is your computer on a network? Does your logon account have full permissions (administrator role)?

Does this issue persist if you create a new logon with full permissions?

John Vellek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report