Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent loading Microsoft Edge WebView2

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
w64bit
1990 Views, 12 Replies

Prevent loading Microsoft Edge WebView2

Is there any way to prevent Microsoft Edge WebView2 to be loaded when starting AutoCAD 2023?

In Task Manager there are 3 instances of Microsoft Edge WebView2 active under AutoCAD Application.

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
johnlagasse
in reply to: w64bit

I'm wondering also as my Office Products are crashing and I'm wondering if it has anything to do with it.

Message 3 of 13

My ACADE 2023 is crashing as well and it makes the Outlook crash as well. Mine has 4 different instances of Microsoft Edge Webview2 in Task Manager under the AutoCAD Electrical app. The only fix so far is to reboot.

Message 4 of 13
mdavis22569

@w64bit  were you able to get this resolved?

Mike 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 5 of 13
w64bit
in reply to: mdavis22569

Nope.

min 6 instances all the time.

Message 6 of 13
mdavis22569

@w64bit 

Try renaming the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\EdgeWebView\Application\105.0.1343.33\msedgewebview2.exe

to msedgewebview2.exe.old.

then test

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 7 of 13
DavidTosh

I'm not crashing and I generally see up to 8 instances running. They also set there and chatter (1 to 2% CPU) with absolutely no drawings loaded and the application minimized to the task bar. They also consume wildly varying amounts of memory: 0.1MB to 39MB!

It would be nice if AutoDesk would tell us why they are there.

---
Tosh
Message 8 of 13
pendean
in reply to: DavidTosh

@DavidTosh wrote:

I'm not crashing and I generally see up to 8 instances running. They also set there and chatter (1 to 2% CPU) with absolutely no drawings loaded and the application minimized to the task bar. They also consume wildly varying amounts of memory: 0.1MB to 39MB!

It would be nice if AutoDesk would tell us why they are there.

They may not know as it does not appear to be affecting most or all 2023 users from what I have observed in these forums and others. For example, no one in our offices is affected, but that's just a small snapshot.

Is everyone that is experiencing this issue reporting it to Autodesk? This forum is not that sadly, you have to make an effort to do it here https://www.autodesk.com/company/contact-us/product-feedback

AND

by opening a support case with Autodesk if you are on subscription to seek out Autodesk Support's help: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/users-software/support-options/we...

HTH

Message 9 of 13
mdavis22569

put in a support ticket ... 

Mike 

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 10 of 13
mdavis22569

@w64bit Just checking in to see if you were able to get this resolved 

Also take a peek at:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Unable...

Mike 

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 11 of 13
titusWX934
in reply to: mdavis22569

This option is no longer working. My solution is to kill all instances of msedgewebview2 in task/process manager after Autocad launch, this will turn of all unnecessary notification & stop affecting the work.

Message 12 of 13
tlapensTVQ9V

AutoCAD 2024 "REQUIRES Webview2" to authenticate, per AutoDesk support.  We can still kill the process in Task Mgr but why is this even a thing AutoDesk?  It ran really smoothly when I disabled it per above, then 2024 would message me about software not authenticated and forces me to quit.  Now Webview2 is again running in typical bloatware fashion in MS apps and AutoCad is slow again, even with Webview killed in the AutoCad sub-processes.  I suggest putting off upgrading to 2024 as long as possible.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report