Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Please Help !!!

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
807 Views, 13 Replies

Please Help !!!

andreinuta97_0-1592318862374.png

Hello ! I try to install Inventor and the issue above appears.

It says :"

Product download consists of multiple files. At least one file is missing or has not been downloaded yet."

What should i do please ? i tried to do a research and someone suggested that i should deactivate the pop up blocker, and so i did. But unfortunately in vain. Nothing changed.

Thank you for your time ! I'm looking forward for the help !

Labels (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

Its exactly as it says....more files are needed..

Typically there are 3 files that must be downloaded to install Inventor..

If you are having issues with the browser download method try another method.. 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/download-install/download/about-download-methods/dow...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/download-install/download/about-download-methods/bro...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 14
JDMather

This is a bit tricky to explain and I think it might depend on what browser you use for the download (I use MS Edge).

After I start the download process - at the bottom of my screen I get a Download Progress.

I must expand that Download Progress screen and manually select 002 and 003 in succession after 001 is finished downloading.  

If I don't do that, then when 001 is finished - there is no indication that I also need to manually choose 002 and 003.

Eventually you should get all three files.

Inventor 2018.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Yes, i know there are 3 files for the program to be installed. 

I use Google Chrome, but if i need something specific in order to obtain the program, i will use another browser, no problem. 

About the AutodeskDownloaderManager, it say that something is preventing the software from downloading. So, this rises up more questions in my mind, so i decided to let it in peace. 

It looks like this:

andreinuta97_0-1592323978423.png

now speaking about the browser, what kind of browser should i use. if Google Chrome is not suitable ?

Message 5 of 14
JDMather

You can use any browser - just saying the Download Progress indication is different for each one.

But it looks like you are using Install Now to download - I never use that method.

I use the Browser Download option.  (I meant to show Inventor rather than Civil 3D, but it is the same process.)

C3D Browser Download.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Hello !

As i replied to the previous message, i tried both methods, and both have failed. 

I use Google Chrome and as you say, i don't have any power in my hands to manage the content i download. I see it down on the bar, but i cannot open it only after it's finished. And when it is, you see what i showed you. 

I will try your browser then, MS Edge and see what happens. I really hope that this is going to work, because i do need the program. I've been downloading the same file ten times and everytime, i saw that only one file is downloaded and the other two aren't so i just didn't know where to seek any solutions. 

Thank you ! I'll try now MS Edge and see what happens !

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

yes, i understand. 

But regardless if i try to manage my download or not in Google Chrome..... i still don't have any choice regarding my content. Everytime it appears the same file as i show below: 

andreinuta97_0-1592324662015.png

I don't have any options to choose between. It's the same 001_003.exe file. 

I don't have separately 001 , 002 nor 003.....

Message 8 of 14
imajar

Personally, I prefer to use the download now method - using the download manager - it doesn't split up the files and is more tolerant to download interruptions (which is more important if you have slower internet).

Aaron Jarrett, PE
Inventor 2019 | i7-6700K 64GB NVidia M4000
LinkedIn

Life is Good.
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous

I succeeded with MS Edge. Thank you Mr. Mather ! I could manage my downloads in there and select manually the other 2 files, the thing that i couldn't in Google Chrome. 

I appreciate again !

Message 10 of 14
JDMather
in reply to: imajar

@imajar wrote:

Personally, I prefer to use the download now method...

I distribute to a lot of students - so I prefer to have the actual install files - just like the old days of having DVDs in my hand.  Once and done.  And if I ever need to reinstall...

Message 11 of 14
imajar

@JDMather, I hear you about keeping the installation files on hand. 

Maybe the download manager has changed over the years, but for me it downloads the installation files to C:\Autodesk - so I can do repairs or reinstallations later if I like.

Aaron Jarrett, PE
Inventor 2019 | i7-6700K 64GB NVidia M4000
LinkedIn

Life is Good.
Message 12 of 14
leowarren34

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm a bit late to the party but for the future:

Google Chrome tends to be a bit touchy when it comes to Autodesk Browser Downloads as it triggers multiple file downloads which it thinks are pop-ups.

You can get around this by clicking on the Padlock on the search bar and clicking the Site Settings page.

On this page will be an option for 'Pop-ups and redirects' --> set to Allow

This will allow all the files to download.

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: leowarren34

Hello and thank you very much ! Yes i've seen that it's a little offhand to make some things work with this browser. I personally have AdBlocker to keep mr away from every advertisment and initially i deactivated that, but it seemed that it wasn't enough. So yes, i will take into account what you said and try that, too !

Never is too late ! Thank you very much !

Message 14 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: imajar

I understand. Well, i set it to be asked always about the location, and so i do every time i want to download something. But here i just couldn't, simple and plain... see the other two files. But MS Edge pulled me to the light , haha. I will try to explore more the Google Chrome browser and its extensions, to see other types of settings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report