Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online activation request has timed out

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
conradcj
948 Views, 12 Replies

Online activation request has timed out

We are seeing the following error After launching any AutoDesk 2023 products (Revit, AutoCAD, Civil 3D) and choosing to enter the serial number:

conradcj_0-1665766109240.png

Please note that we use standalone Educational Access licensing.  We have followed the instructions for installing the latest AutoDesk Desktop Licensing Service and SSO component.  Both of those services are running.  We tried launching AutoDesk programs on multiple Windows 10 21H2 PC's on multiple networks (On campus, off campus, hotspot) and temporally disabled antivirus.  All required URL's are accessible when running AdskLicensingSupportTool --checkurls

All resulting in the same message above.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
kreilly5LPJA
in reply to: conradcj

RegisterOnce is currently broken, it took me 2 weeks to get my issues escalated and have someone in support try for themselves. 

Message 3 of 13

I've had the same problem for a few days now. Tried different computers, operating systems and different ISPs. The result is the same. At the same time, letters are sent to the mail with supposedly "successful" activation, but instead of activating "This Session Has Timed Out"

Message 4 of 13

And what did they say?
Message 5 of 13
kreilly5LPJA

Going into week 3 of this. Here is their response: "Thank you for your confirming that it didn't resolve your issue. We were able to confirm with our test accounts and a few other reports that there is a recent registration issue that may be associated with Registeronce. We raised a request to our engineers to have the issue investigated and I also have a ticket open for your account specifically. I will be in touch once I have received an update."

Message 6 of 13
gitok2

We are experiencing the exact same issue with our multiseat standalone EDU software activations (Autocad 2023, Inventor 2023 and Inventor CAM 2023).

Clients are getting "The session has timed out" errors.

But we do receive the activation mails ("Thank you for registering")  on our admin mail account!

Problems are on multiple devices with multiple OS versions and patches.
Problems are on multiple locations (both on premise and at home) so not related to local firewall config).
We believe the problem started on friday 7/10.
Tests with AdskLicensingSupportTool-2.2.0.502-win show no connection problems.
Updating the SSO software or ADSK license service does not solve the problems.

Message 7 of 13
ksiALU9U

We are also experiencing these problems.

We tried this guide too - https://resources.imaginit.com/installation/license-checkout-time-out-issues-with-2020-products, but no luck...

Message 8 of 13
hgaston

Joining the thread to add more attention to this issue. Same as above with the Multiseat EDU activation timing out on Inventor 23. Submitted a customer support ticket last Wednesday (Oct 12) and still awaiting a response.

Message 9 of 13
mdavis22569

@conradcj 

Can you share what you show in your account manager for activation type? 

Is it possible you've been changed over to Sign In activation? 

I also know there were problems with Autodesk Servers last week... 

Mike 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 10 of 13
conradcj
in reply to: mdavis22569

Morning Michael,

I noticed mid-week last week ~10/19 we were able to register our licenses with no issues again.  I'm guessing it was related to the AutoDesk Server problems.  We have 1-year standalone licenses activated by serial number.

I appreciate everyone's responses and glad we were not alone with this issue and that it seems to be resolved now.  Just wish there was any communication between AutoDesk support and the Educational users.

Thanks,

Cody

Message 11 of 13
mdavis22569

Hi @conradcj 

Yeah, there were some issues on the servers for Autodesk last week .. various area's 

My apologies you were hit by it. But glad you're all set and up and going! 

If anyone helped on here ..can you pick them for a solution? 

Mike 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 12 of 13
michal.talaga

I have the same problem...

Message 13 of 13
mdavis22569

Try a new Browser or use it in the INCOGNITO mode @michal.talaga 

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report