Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network license with different product serial number

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
nguyenndSQN7Y
663 Views, 7 Replies

Network license with different product serial number

Hi guys,

I am hoping maybe one of you can shed some light onto this for me, I am getting confused. 

So we were on a 3 years subscription based and that subscription expired on July 31, 2020. When we contacted Autodesk trying to renew the subscription, we were told that Autodesk does not do network license subscription anymore, and since we are a higher education institution, we can get the installers and network license for education for 1 year period. So, that's what I did, I went to this page that was given by the rep, https://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/featured downloaded the 2020 version installers for the application that we need as well as serial number and product key for the respective product, and I created the deployment and installed it on my test machine. Here's the issue: On my license server, it's still using the license file from the applications I created when we still had the subscription, meaning, the serial numbers in the license file on the license server are different from the serial number that I used to create the deployment of the applications from the link above, so I am very confused as how the new applications I just created with a different serial numbers than in the license file and with the subscription that has expired still opens without any issue??

I hope that makes some sense to you guys, please let me know if you have any questions, and again, thank you so much for your help!

Thanks,

Nhan 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: nguyenndSQN7Y

if you run a status enquiry on the license manager what does it say?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 8
nguyenndSQN7Y
in reply to: DarrenP

It shows Total of 0 licenses in use.

Message 4 of 8

I am sorry, please disregard my last post. Taking a closer look, it shows 1 license in use.

This is what confuses me, the application being opened and using a license right now is using a different serial number than what is currently in license file. I read that if the account is using subscription then it doesn't care about serial number, but as I said in the original post, our subscription has expired so that shouldn't be a factor... I am really confused.

Message 5 of 8
DarrenP

network licensing doesn't look for serial numbers it looks for a feature code

since i can't see anything on your end i don't what your seeing

run the license file through this: http://www.licenseparser.com/

& see what it says

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 6 of 8
nguyenndSQN7Y

When I ran the license file through license parser, it says the license expires at the end of this month August 31, 2020.

Is that why the application is still working, because the license file is still valid even though the subscription has expired?

Message 7 of 8
DarrenP

yes that is why

the license hasn't expired yet

DarrenP

Message 8 of 8
nguyenndSQN7Y

Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report