Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Assistance with Deployment Creation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
800 Views, 2 Replies

Need Assistance with Deployment Creation

I was able to successfully create a deployment for Maya 2020 via the link below.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-crea...

When I try the same method with 3DS Max 2021 everything gets created exactly the same with the exception of the deployment.xml file. I post screen shots below of the manifest folder for both as a frame of reference. Why is the deployment XML file not being created for 3DS Max? Has anyone had any success in resolving this because I can't deploy this software through MDT until I can have that file available. 

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous, 

Thank you for reaching out on the forums. 😊

The article you shared is current, but it mentions more then one method so not sure which one you used.

Please follow the deployment best practices and use the steps outlined in this article using the traditional method instead, "Create deployments with the classic installer". 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 3
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous, 

Let me know if you have reviewed the deployment best practices that include making sure the client computer has Administrator rights and temporary disabling security applications such as antivirus. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report