Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple licenses and software

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
176 Views, 2 Replies

Multiple licenses and software

Hello

We have a network license with a number of AutoCAD seats and Civil 3D seats. 2017version

Running single server LMTools

The users use a mix of AutoCAD and Civil3D files

We have a problem running out of licenses even if though we should have enough.

What is the best installation order on PCs?

When starting Civil as AutoCAD it takes 1 civil license. This blocks the use of civil license for Civil. I thought the software would occupy the lowest form of license it needs.

If I install AutoCAD and Civil 3D (with autocad icon) I end up with 2 different AutoCADs

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

I'm not a Civil3D user or expert...  But there could be an installation order like with AutoCAD Electrical..  For example when I install AutoCAD Electrical I get vanilla AutoCAD because its needed.  However if I launch plain AutoCAD, its still launch AutoCAD Electrical in the background and consumes an AutoCAD Electrical license.

But a few questions..

1. What type of license are theses?   As a reminder term base license will always get pulled before perpetual license.

2. Did you create the entire license within a 24hr period?

3. Can you attach the debug lug file as specified in the Config Service tab of your license manager.  Although it contains names, there's no information in there that would impact your infrastructure if you shared.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

When starting Civil as AutoCAD it takes 1 civil license. This blocks the use of civil license for Civil. I thought the software would occupy the lowest form of license it needs.

If I install AutoCAD and Civil 3D (with autocad icon) I end up with 2 different AutoCADs

thats because you are still launching Civl 3D without the Civil 3D interface

you will need to install Autocad & Civil 3D on these computers

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report