Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Files Missing

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
579 Views, 11 Replies

Multiple Files Missing

So I tried to download Inventor 2020 as I am a student and need it for classes. Everything goes fine until the Inventor launcher/downloader says that some of the things included with the download didn't download. So I exit out and try to load Inventor and it gives me an error message with multiple file locations. I try to follow the location paths to no avail and decide to download autoCAD. It starts the downloader and it gives me the same error as the Inventor error. I have read all the help forums and they don't work and I have put a help ticket in with Customer Support but haven't received a reply. I am entirely new to autoCAD and Inventor and am super excited to work with it, but this is a huge roadblock in my path. Please help!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
SBix26
in reply to: Anonymous

Try posting in the Installation & Licensing Forum.  You'll likely get help there.  Quick advice, though, is to download the install files to your computer (there are three of them for Inventor), then run the first one to initiate the installation.

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2020.2.1 | Windows 10 Home 1903
LinkedIn

Message 3 of 12
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous 

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

As @SBix26  pointed out, installation of Autodesk products need to be posted in the installation and licensing forum.  I will request the moderator to relocate your posting there.

There's a couple of ways to properly download and install your Autodesk product to your machine.  Please review this article and the solution it provides.

If the installation does fail using the preferred methods, please post your installation log file here so we can review it.

Posting info: Sometimes the installation log file contains the serial # that was assigned to you.  Open your log file using Windows Notepad and perform a search on "/SN".  Depending on the number of installation attempts, your serial # may be located throughout the log file.  If present, remove or "X" out your serial # prior to posting.

Good luck on your installation and report back on your progress.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I tried your download methods, but they didn't work. Even the system checker gave me the same error.

Message 5 of 12
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous 

The log is still showing you're using the web installing.   If you downloaded the 3 files and extracted them C:\AUtodesk folder it would contain the WI indicator.

Go to C:\Autodesk what do you see there?

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

The only process that gives me extraction options is browser download, I do that then begin the extraction process to C:/Autodesk but it gives me the multiple files are missing error. As for what is in the WI folder in C:/Autodesk there is a Inventor 2020 folder with a WI setup.info file in it.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: SBix26

When i hit any of the downloads it only gives me one file. How do i get all three?

Message 8 of 12
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous 

That tells me you have your popup blocker enabled on your browser.  Disable and then you can download all 3 files.

Mark Lancaster

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

Just extracted all three, every time this popped up

Message 10 of 12
DarrenP

go through this: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Installation-error-refer...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

Thank you so so so much that fixed it, but now i have a problem activating my student version of Inventor, I used my serial no problem for autoCAD but Inventor is not accepting it.

Message 12 of 12
DarrenP

thats because they will be separate serial numbers

you need to request a license for inventor like you did for Autocad

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report