Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
327 Views, 4 Replies

missing external files

When I open any file from the 3ds MAX 2014 student version tutorial files, there are missing external files. Do I have to install a service pack to get access to the missing external files? If so, which service pack do I need? Thanks! I just installed the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I didn't have this issue with Windows 7.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
matthew.d
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry to hear about the issue. Could you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: matthew.d

I have no idea of how to provide a screenshot.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: matthew.d

Okay! I have a screenshot in my pictures file. I tried to copy and paste it but, after I copy it and come back to this site to paste it, there is no paste when I right click. Now I think I got it right. Let me know if you got the screenshot. Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
matthew.d
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

These files are not linked in the correct location, thus 3ds Max is unable to see them. You will need to manually locate where these files are and link them.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report