Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meshmixer installation problems

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
Anonymous
20103 Views, 16 Replies

Meshmixer installation problems

I have tried a number of times to install meshmixer into my macbook pro, running el capitan. However every time I go through the installation steps, the installation fails with no explanation. Has this ever happened before? I am trying to convert stl files to solids in 123d design but it keeps crashing, so I thought I'd install meshmixer to help. However the problems with installation are really hindering my progress.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Otto
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello hugo.lynch and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like you need to find out more about downloading or re-downloading software, or are having issues that may be resolved by re-downloading.

For Windows users, before downloading products on Windows 10, please check that the product is compatible.

For general information about downloading or re-downloading (including eligibility), Community members with similar questions found the following article(s) useful:

Download Finder

Previous Versions of Autodesk Software

Download Methods

Find Your Eligibility for Previous Versions of Autodesk Software

Oftentimes installation and/or download issues can be addressed by using a different download method, or by downloading directly from the Autodesk Virtual Agent. Community members with similar issues found the following article(s) useful:

Software & Downloads

Downloading Previous Versions of Autodesk Software Using the Virtual Agent (Please be sure to disable your firewall and anti-virus before downloading)

Performing a Clean Uninstall

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 17
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Otto

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community..

Not sure when you tried this installation but yesterday I think Autodesk was having issues with some of their services.  Have you tried it again today?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hi Mark, yes I tried installing it today as well. It does not work at all unfortunately
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous

I was using Meshmixer with great success until I dowloaded a new version.  I get the following error:

meshmixer.exe - System Error

---------------------------

The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

---------------------------

I tried reinstalling twice with no success.  Can someone help me?

Message 6 of 17
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community..

See @TravisNave information >>here<<:

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous

I also cannot install it on my win7 64bit computer but it only display 1812 on the error message, i tried every download method but still no success

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous

I have 3 issues going on and would love help with each:

1) I am trying to use meshmixer in Windows 10 running on Mac Powerbook via Parrallells and every time I open meshmixer in crashes.

2) In VM fusionware, it opens but the screen is black.

3) In addition if I try to use the meshmixer on the mac side and it works fine, but I bought the 3Dconnexion wireless Spacemouse and it won't operate using a Mac and I contacted 3Dconnexion and here is what they said and I don't know if it is true, also is there any way to actually contact Meshmixer support?

Would lappreciate some help with any or all of this, Thanks:

Dear Customer,

You can find a list of supported applications on our website. Autodesk Meshmixer is not (yet) listed.

In order to use it with a 3Dconnexion 3D mouse, support for 3D devices would need to be added inside this software. Adding 3D device support to an application is determined by the application developer rather than by 3Dconnexion. The majority of applications have added 3D device recognition inside their software and use only the basic device driver from 3Dconnexion. We have an SDK [Software Development Kit] which any software developer can download at no cost and which allows the integration of 3D device support in proprietary software. Please see here for more details: http://www.3dconnexion.com/service/software-developer.html.

We advise our customers to contact the Customer Service of applications that are lacking support and request it be added in future versions of their software. The decision to include support for 3D mice in their development schedule is often influenced by the level of customer interest.

If you are interested in this support I'd advise you to contact the software developer and request it be added in future versions of their software. The decision to include 3D support in their development schedule is often influenced by the level of customer interest.

I am sorry that I could not assist you further with application support.

With best regards,
Dwayne
3Dconnexion Technical Support

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: Otto

I am here using firefox and the Install is stuck at 10 % never has moved for over 1/2 hour now WHY ?

Says down loading Software but I clicked on system Monitor and it is dead still other than when I change pages of firefox . . Using windows 7-1 ( 32 Bit ) . . So why is it having problems I told it in  put the Programs in folder Meshmixer as I got the 64 bit one earlier and it said not 32 bit so deleted it . .

Message 10 of 17
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

What is Windows 7-1?  Do you mean Win 7 with SP1?

I also thought Meshmixer is only a 64 Bit OS type of application.  Your machine is 32B, correct?

Update:  See this https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/meshmixer/meshmixer-32-bit-version-download/td-p/8224961

Mark Lancaster

Message 11 of 17
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

Just to add to the information provided, when you locate the download via this link & redirects to the app store you will only see we have a 64bit download there is no 32bit. Let us know if this is the situation. Thank you. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

*Well then I guess I can't run the Program ( MeshMixer )  I have windows
7-1 32 bit and use in inside of Virtual Box have Ubuntu 18.04.1 for Main
O/S ( not Windows Crap malware stuff ) *
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous

*Windows 7-1 and 32 Bit . . does not just go to the 64 bit because the
Program is .  .there was a 2.9 something which was 32 bit . . Where is
it ? *
Message 14 of 17
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Are you asking where a given version of mesmixer is that supports 32b?

Its not possible to obtain or download legacy versions of this app from Autodesk.  If you want it you must have a 64b os.

Mark Lancaster

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous

Also having installation issues on Windows 7 Professional 64bit Service Pack 1

1812 is the only error message it displays. Will not even begin the installation on 3.5 or 3.3. I assume i have a missing DLL file, but i have no idea how to proceed.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous

found 1812 to be a generic error for "cannot elevate" as soon as i clicked the installer right: run as administrator, it worked

Message 17 of 17
Anonymous

trying to download Meshmixer but it does not load, no error messages, nothing.

Windows 10 system.

https://www.meshmixer.com/download.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report