Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

merging serial numbers on same contract

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
tracy_mckim
539 Views, 14 Replies

merging serial numbers on same contract

Example: a customer has multiple AEC Collection subscriptions on a single contract, each with different serial numbers. They are full AEC Collections, not M2S or any other variation.

I've asked Autodesk support to merge all serial numbers to a single one to simplify tracking, but I've received a response stating this cannot be done.

Has anyone been successful with requests of this nature?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

@tracy_mckim, Have a look at this..!!

(https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Industry...)

Thanks and Regards,

Rushabh Thakkar.

Please use the Accept Solution button to mark any posts that provide the answer or solution. 

Likes are always welcome.

LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook.      

Message 3 of 15
DarrenP
in reply to: tracy_mckim

i assume your using multi-user licensing?

if so you can use Flex LM to manage the license usage

single-user licensing doesn’t use serial numbers

even if you are you are managing by users in your Autodesk Account not by serial numbers

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 4 of 15
tracy_mckim
in reply to: DarrenP

Thank you for your reply, Darren. I am referring to single user subscriptions. I know that the serial numbers are not used, but by having multiple serial numbers for the same product on a single contract, the same product shows on multiple lines rather than on a single line with a total number of subscriptions for that product.

I am hoping to clean that up for my customers by consolidating the serial numbers into one. This makes for cleaner renewal quotes and license reports.

Any ideas?

Message 5 of 15

Thank you, Rushabh. The answer I am seeking does not lie on that page. I am looking to reduce the number of serial numbers on a contract to make managing the subscriptions easier.

Message 6 of 15

@tracy_mckim

rushabhthakkar_910_0-1675869017951.png

(Same link as above-https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Industry...)

Thanks and Regards,

Rushabh Thakkar.

Please use the Accept Solution button to mark any posts that provide the answer or solution. 

Message 7 of 15

@tracy_mckim, Also are you using individual software's or AEC Collection..??

Thanks and Regards,

Rushabh Thakkar.

Message 8 of 15
DarrenP

you used to be able to do this but you had to go through your reseller or Autodesk

do you have a reseller?

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 9 of 15
mdavis22569

@tracy_mckim wrote:

Thank you for your reply, Darren. I am referring to single user subscriptions. I know that the serial numbers are not used, but by having multiple serial numbers for the same product on a single contract, the same product shows on multiple lines rather than on a single line with a total number of subscriptions for that product.

I am hoping to clean that up for my customers by consolidating the serial numbers into one. This makes for cleaner renewal quotes and license reports.

Any ideas?

For:

If the serial numbers are going away for Subscription and as you mentioned "single user subscriptions" they won't have them for new quotes. They would just need X number for seats and assign them. The serial numbers won't even be seen anymore.  

So the renewal quote ( correct me if I'm wrong) would be  X Single User / Sign On Activation and the cost.  

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 10 of 15
tracy_mckim
in reply to: DarrenP

Thank you, Darren. I am the reseller 🙂

Message 11 of 15
tracy_mckim
in reply to: mdavis22569

Hi Michael, thank you for your reply. If a request to use an existing serial number is not added to an order, Autodesk will generate a new serial number (I am referring to my perspective as a reseller).

They do this for single user subscriptions even though they don't really use s/n's any more. I'm hoping to clean this mess up for my customers on their contracts for ease of reading renewal quotes and license reports (reducing lines).

Message 12 of 15
mdavis22569

Might need to get Autodesk on the phone for this.

It shouldn't be generating new numbers per say..   

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 13 of 15
DarrenP

you used to be able to merge serial numbers through the partner center website

is this not possible anymore?

i have been away from the autodesk channels a few years don’t know if this is whats its called now

DarrenP

Message 14 of 15
tracy_mckim

Thank you, Darren!

Message 15 of 15
tracy_mckim
in reply to: mdavis22569

Thank you, Michael!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report