Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya LT 2016-2017 Licensing Error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
936 Views, 5 Replies

Maya LT 2016-2017 Licensing Error

Hi, I bought a Maya LT monthly subscription a few months ago for an indie project. Worked fine until I installed the student version of the full Maya 2017 (It's the only change I can think of that might have affected my license). Now I get this lovely error message followed by a page not found:

Error Message.JPGPage not found.JPG

I've searched through the community forums and I haven't found anything helpful. I tried to find a way to contact Autodesk but it just got me in an endless loop of going through the various support categories without ever getting anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community...

What sub-folders do you see under the C:\Programdata\Autodesk\CLM\LGS?    C:\Programdata is a hidden folder so you may need to adjust your viewing settings.

Do you see a folder in there called 923I1_2017.0.0.F?  Is there a LGS.DATA file in there?  What does the LGS.data file state when you open it in notepad?

Does it state?

_USER

_STANDALONE

_NETWORK

It should be _STANDALONE (all in upper case lettering)...

Also this Maya LT license is based on a term license so have you assigned this product to the correct Autodesk Named account?  The Contract Manager for your subscription needs to do that.

If you have commercial license of Maya LT, why are you installing a student version of full Maya on this same computer..  Is this machine an asset of a company?  If yes, no student version can be installed on that machine.   Just a warning about using commercial license with free student license.   Basically you shouldn't have them on the same machine.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

@Mark.Lancaster

Hey, thanks for the swift answer. My LGS file mentionned _USER. I changed it to _STANDALONE and now it asks me to enter my serial number when I launch Maya LT. I don't have a serial number, I should just have to log in to gain access to my license. 

AccountManagement.JPG

Also I'm not sure what you mean by Contract Manager; I'm working as a freelance animator for an indie project, hence why I bought Maya LT and installed it on my personal computer (my student version of Maya is for my iAnimate class, I'm not sure why they shouldn't be on the same machine). The only account this should be assigned to is my own.

I also noticed that the account management only mentions Maya LT 2016, not 2017 (even if I can download that version), but I have the same issue with 2016. 

Honestly I don't know why this is a problem now, I've had my student version of Maya for my iAnimate class for a while and running Maya LT alongside it for my freelance work has never been an issue until I installed 2017.

Message 4 of 6
Mark.Lancaster

Having a commercial and student license on the same machine can lead to issue down the road..  Meaning if you created something in Maya LT and then opened/saved it in your student version of full Maya by mistake, well you created a internal watermark in your Maya information and if you start sending that file to others for commercial aspect well you can get yourself into trouble.  So I'm only warning you to watch out...  Smiley Very Happy

If you purchased the software than you are considered the contract manager for your subscription and the product is already assigned to your named Autodesk account.  However you still need a serial # to activate it through your Autodesk Account.

Update:  But I also think you have something wrong with your Autodesk Account..  You should be seeing Maya LT 2017..  Did you use a separate account when you purchased Maya LT?  Meaning you didn't purchasing using the same account you used for your Autodesk Student Account?   Hopefully not...

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Oh yeah, I'm always careful with my files and versions of Maya, eh.

As far as the serial number goes...it's not giving me any and I don't think it ever did (It does for the student version, just not for my Maya LT subscription). I just noticed that I might have given the wrong license type, it's an Autodesk ID license, if that changes anything. 

I also only have a single autodesk account. I purchased Maya LT with the same account I got my student license on.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Ok so I removed everything Autodesk related on my computer. I re-installed Maya LT 2016 and it worked. 2017 doesn't, but 2016 does. It might be because 2017 wasn't out when I purchased my sub ? Even so, 2016 wasn't working before I uninstalled everything...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report