Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya exits after clicking on single user activation

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1088 Views, 3 Replies

Maya exits after clicking on single user activation

So I have installed maya 2020 via the rpm utility on fedora.  When I click single user activation Maya just exits. It gives the output :- 

maya: Autodesk Maya 2020
A licensing error occurred that Autodesk systems were not able to handle for you. Please contact Autodesk Customer Support for help in resolving this error.
adlsdkAuthorize returned with error code: ADLSDK_STATUS_LICENSE_CHECKOUT_ERROR
The default location for log files to help diagnose the issue is: /usr/tmp

The log reads :-

2020-08-09 13:55:44: INFO: MAYA VERSION: Autodesk Maya 2020
2020-08-09 13:55:44: INFO: Desktop Licensing Runtime Version: 2.6.3.31
2020-08-09 13:55:44: INFO: Desktop Licensing API version in Maya: 2.6.3.31
2020-08-09 13:55:44: INFO: initialize: GetInstance (Success)
2020-08-09 13:55:48: INFO: Received LicenseUpdateCallback for Maya 2020 (ADLSDK_UPDATE_REASON_LICENSE_UPDATE): NOT Authorized
2020-08-09 13:55:48: ERROR: Error Information: Maya 2020 : command execution error
2020-08-09 13:55:48: ERROR: adlsdkAuthorize returned with error code: ADLSDK_STATUS_LICENSE_CHECKOUT_ERROR
2020-08-09 13:55:48: ERROR: checkinLicense: unable to release authentication handle
2020-08-09 13:55:48: INFO: shutdown: normal exit

I have searched the forums.  I have installed all the dependenices. I have disable with Consistent Network Device Naming . I have used the following forms

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/ubuntu-18-04-3-lts-and-maya-2020/td-p/9214740

I installed redhat-lsb and create a symlink to  libssl. It seems that windows had this same problem and it might be for linux too but there is not hotfix for linux available. Here is the link

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Maya-2020...

Then I found this thread which had the same problem on centos. Here is the thread 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/maya-2019-linux-licensing-problems/td-p/881035...

I followed the second solution. Then the last post had the same problem but the thread is inactive currently

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
leowarren34
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

It's worth saying that Fedora is not listed as a supported OS here: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-requirements-for-Autodesk-Maya-2020.html

That's not to say it won't work it's more to say there no guarantee for it to work or become locked out. So if you could move to Redhat or CentOS then you will find luck there.

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: leowarren34

Actually I got it kinda working around a few minutes ago. I would have loved to use RHEL as I own a free license as part of the redhat developer program. But I own a very new laptop whose integrated drivers support is in kernel 5.6,5.7 and 5.8 . THough in 5.6 there is some touchpad driver issue which is kinda solved and 5.7 and 5.8 is completely solved but I am not sure just my experience. Since rhel is not even on kernel 5.x series so I cannot use it and centos is the same so I am using fedora. I could compile the linux kernel in few minutes as I have done 3 times before but I dont want to lose the stability of the kernel in Red hat Enterprise Linux. I will post how I got it working in another post

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I got Maya licensing working a few minutes ago as I stated in my previous reply. So when I posted in the forum the forum took me to the forum page and it had a pinned post about the post said about the licensing update. So I downloaded the update tar and went in the directory where I extracted the rpms. Then I ran

sudo dnf install ./*.rpm

This upgraded the licensing packages. Then I ran Maya and the splash screen had changed. The sign in with autodesk account is not working but I was able to activate Maya with the keys and got it working. There were some other isssues which I fixed so it took me a few more hours to get it working and sleep. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report