Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2020 license issue on Fedora 32

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1924 Views, 5 Replies

Maya 2020 license issue on Fedora 32

Hello everyone, I have installed Maya 2020 on my Fedora 32. When I launch Maya and it offers to enter serial number I the splash screen closes and I get this in log file:

2020-06-11 00:58:54.004 [O] Created AdlSdk Logger level [error], API version [2.6.3.31]
2020-06-11 00:58:54.004 [E] Invalid log level was specified by environment variable ADLSDK_LOG_LEVEL[]; fall back to the default [error].

And here is the log of adlmflexnetclient.log:

Checking system...
Configuring for Linux, Trusted Storage path /usr/local/share/macrovision/storage...
Creating /usr/local/share/macrovision/storage...
Setting permissions on /usr/local/share/macrovision/storage...
Permissions set...
Configuration completed successfully.

Checking for active FNP Licensing Service Daemon...
FNP Licensing Service Daemon checks complete

Checking for SELinux
*** WARNING: Running with SELINUX enabled can affect the operation of the FlexNet Licensing Service
***          Refer to the FlexNet Publisher Documentation for further details
SELinux checks complete

Checking LSB compatibility...
*** WARNING: 32-bit LSB packages not installed
*** WARNING: 64-bit LSB packages not installed
LSB compatibility checks complete

Installing licensing service from FNPLicensingService to /usr/local/share/FNP/service64/11.16.0

Checking system for trusted storage area...
Configuring for Linux, Trusted Storage path /usr/local/share/macrovision/storage...
chattr: No such file or directory while trying to stat /usr/local/share/macrovision/storage/FLEXnet
chown: cannot access '/usr/local/share/macrovision/storage/FLEXnet': No such file or directory
/usr/local/share/macrovision/storage already exists...
Setting permissions on /usr/local/share/macrovision/storage...
Permissions set...

Checking system for Replicated Anchor area...
Configuring Replicated Anchor area...
Creating Replicated Anchor area...
Setting permissions on Replicated Anchor area...
Replicated Anchor area permissions set...
Configuring Temporary area...
Creating Temporary area...
Setting permissions on Temporary area...
Temporary area permissions set...
Setting FUSE configuration
ERROR: FlexNetFs mount-point inaccessible because of /dev/shm file permissions
./install_fnp.sh: line 425: /usr/local/share/FNP/service64/11.16.0/FNPLicensingService: No such file or directory

Starting FNPLicensingService daemon owner by root
sudo: unable to execute /usr/local/share/FNP/service64/11.16.0/FNPLicensingService: No such file or directory
Checking FNPLicensingService is running
No PID file for FNPLicensingService

I have installed Maya 2019 and it works just fine. I'm Maya teacher and I need this version because we are using 2020 in the college.   

I know that Fedora is not included in recommended software in the docs. Please don't offer this like solution because I have seen Maya 2020 installed on OpenSuse and on Ubuntu. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous, 

Maybe someone that has managed to get this working will chime in. 😊

You mentioned, that you are aware that Fedora is not a supported operating system indicated in the Maya 2020 system requirements. While some users may have been able to get it running, Autodesk has tested & verified that only the listed operating systems can perform as expected. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

Actually I did make it working on Fedora 32. Temporally disabling SELinux and installing LSB packages. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Just one question guys. Why do mark as "Solved" the problems that users post here, when it isn't solved at all? It is very confused. Specially when the posts appear in google search marked as ['Solved" - go to solution]. 

Message 5 of 6
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous, 

Thank you for coming back to the forums to provide us an update.

I am glad you managed to get it running on Fedora, but Autodesk does not advise using our software on an operating system that is not supported. Autodesk does not support Maya 2020 on Fedora, it is clearly stated in our documentation. Autodesk conducts testing of its software on various operating systems, the systems that are not listed showed a lack of performance. 

Best of luck & have a nice day. 😊

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks for your reply @natasha.l . I already have installed Centos 7 which is in the accepted list of OSes for Maya.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report