Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2016 Mental Ray in linux don't appear after install

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
564 Views, 1 Reply

Maya 2016 Mental Ray in linux don't appear after install

Greetings.

I am having this issue where mental ray don't seem to install correctly under Linux.

The distro I'm running is Linux mint 17. 

What I've done is that I run:

• sudo alien -i *.rpm
  • > I have also tried fakeroot alien --scripts *.rpm && sudo dpkg -i mentalrayForMaya.deb
  • sudo ./setup
  • click through the steps
  • Then it tells me everything is ok

When I open maya, it don't appear in the plug-ins manager.

So I tried to copy over the contents of the .rpm file over to root, thus moving the mental ray files into the autodesk folder (it's contents were then mentalraymaya2016 and modules). When i did this and navigated to the "Mayatomr.so" file with the browse function in the plug-ins manager it appears in my list, but it is unable to load promting me the following n the console:

// Error: line 1: libsynColor.so.2016.0.51: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (Mayatomr)

BTW:
There is no errors from the install in my log files.

Any help is aprecheated! I'd like to be able to render while not having to use a VM 🙂

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I solved it by:

1. Navigate to the /usr/autodesk/modules/maya/2016 folder and open the mentalray.mod in gedit, emacs or your favorite editor.
  2. Change every instance of <MENTALRAY_DIR> to /usr/autodesk/mentalrayForMaya2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report