Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2016 extension 2 installation

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2651 Views, 8 Replies

Maya 2016 extension 2 installation

Hi there, where is the help for installation,

1. does it overwrite existing Maya 2016 extension 1 ? 

2. If it does can I uninstall clean ? 

3. Why is this information not in the help file under whats new section ?

Thanks 

A

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
cornelh
in reply to: Anonymous

To answer your questions:

Maya 2016 Ext 2 is a whole new install that can live side by side your existing Maya 2016 Ext 1 SP6  (it acutually installs as Maya 2016.5)

There is no need to clean un-install, yet you are welcome to do so.  (again they can work side by side)

Maya 2016 Ext 2 has it's own help, as it is considered almost a full release here is a link to the documentation and help

Help docs in zip format

If you need assistance with downloading and installation please feel free to letting me know, I will be more than happy to assit you getting this squared away.  Thank you.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: cornelh

Ok sorted - downloaded and installed.

As a tip ye should top or tail youtube or promotional material with this simple information, they everybody wouldn't be posting on forums and fishing for the same information individually.

Thanks for your help.

A

Message 4 of 9
cornelh

awesome the hear Dave,

I agree with you about having this information available for everyone on those videos, I will reach out the our Web team and our Education team with that suggestion.  At my end, I get the aftermath and cleanup, so yeah it would make my life much easier if some of these download and installation "how_to's" where more readily available to the public eyes (like little links on those cool videos etc..).  Thank you for your input and thanks for getting back to to me and letting me know all is ok.  Cheers and best of luck!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: cornelh

I am currently running the trial version and I would like to get the Render Setup editor - which I'm assuming is part of the Extension 2 pack?

However, I cannot install Maya 2016 Extension 2 - I get errors.

What am I doing wrong?

I am on a Mac.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I solved this problem by fully deleting the 2016 version of Maya and re-installing the "Install Maya 2016 Extension 2" package.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Please can i get the activation keys

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Hello,

I am considering purchasing a perpetual license of Maya Creative Standard 2016 so I downloaded it and received this error message during my PC's Setup Wizard.

The error message is this:

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Hi i have a problem i dont can install the sp7 problema

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report