Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 Student. Mouse and keyboard inputs not working.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mcech1
489 Views, 2 Replies

Maya 2015 Student. Mouse and keyboard inputs not working.

I have a problem that I have been unable to find a solution to anywhere. I am running Maya 2015, student version, on Windows 7 64 bit. Whenever I launch the application, I am unable to tumble in the viewfinder. Alt + all mouse buttons will not work. I have managed to click on the UI elements, and begin to navigate through, however eventually I will be unable to select anything. Initially, I noticed this problem when I went to open a scene file I had been working on previously. I noticed that when clicking through my folder options on the left, it would drag them around. Almost like I had held down the left click and was trying to rearrange them. Essentially, the application has been acting strangely and appears to not be accepting my mouse commands. I can bring up the hot menu by holding down the space bar, I just can't select anything with the mouse when it appears. This problem ONLY exists in Maya. I also am running Max, and I also tested it in other programs, and all operate fine. 

I also restarted the application, reinstalled the application, restarted my computer, and attempted to relocate the mouse into a new USB location. However, the fact that this is only happening in maya is confusing to me. Also considering that just a week or two ago, it was acting normally. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dembkod
in reply to: mcech1

mcech1

I know this is an older post, but I wanted to post to get some info into the forum - in case someone searching the forum has the question.

When troubleshooting this type of behavior, usually we try to focus on what could potentially be a problem. Since the behavior seems to be reflective only of Maya, I would probably start there.

First, I would look at the graphics card. Update the driver and see if it helps. The latest and greatest is usually the best. After this, I would first get a fresh download of the program and then uninstall and reinstall.

For Windows machines, I would also uninstall the Microsoft C++ redistributables- there will be a few. Then reinstall.

Also, if you are using any fancy 3rd party peripherals- uninstall and reinstall the drivers. The behavior you re describing seems like a graphical bog-down of some type. I would give that a whirl.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: dembkod

my computer configuration is ...i5 6th gen..16gb ram ..4 gb graphic card.................

when i opening maya or max ,the only output window is open and after that keyboard and mouse does not working .......please suggest me what i do for that????????

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report