Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT 2016 license screen freeze

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
sgranw
872 Views, 2 Replies

LT 2016 license screen freeze

I have been through forums and groups and have searched this topic and have seen many "fixes" however, nothing recent. I have just gotten an new computer Windows 10 pro, I9 processor 32GB ram NVME drive to make things go faster (old machine died) I went through the install of LT 2016 and fixed some of the minor issues (proxy etc) Now It gives me the checking license screen and just site there.

Things I have done:

• re installed (after full un install)
  • ran Ccleaner
  • disabled anti virus program
  • disabled firewall
  • ran all windows updates

I know I'm missing something, but just can't figure out what Any suggestion would be appreciated

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: sgranw

Read this https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Softwa...

LT2016 also requires the SP1 update to work well in Win10.
Message 3 of 3
sgranw
in reply to: sgranw

Ok, I resolved the issue and here is what I did. Nothing I read in forums about deleting license files or directories or even reinstalling the program worked, Autocad support logged on to machine and guided me to allowing files and URL's through "proxy"  (I don't use a Proxy server). This is what ended up working for me:

I formatted the computer and reloaded Windows 10 before I loded any new drivers or patches I installed Autocad 16 and ran the patch. Autocad registered without an issue and came up working. I than proceeded to load all drivers and windows patches, after each download I tested to make sure it still came up (it did).

So the final verdict, one of the patches/drivers that was loaded BEFORE autocad install, must have interfered with the Autocad install but didn't seem to affect it after the install. Just like baking a cake, if I may make the analogy, ingredients must go in the correct order or it doesn't come out right.

Hope this saves someone else many many hours.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report