Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing issues with Maya 2018 on Ubuntu

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
324 Views, 1 Reply

Licensing issues with Maya 2018 on Ubuntu

Hi all, After spending a while trawling through various websites on the internet, following breadcrumbs and satisfying missing several annoying dependencies, I was able to finally 'install' Autodesk Maya (Educational version) on my Ubuntu system. However, upon trying to run the binary via the terminal I get an error that tells me that a licensing error occurred and that it failed to authorize the license. After some digging around, a website told me to run the following command:

$ /usr/autodesk/maya2018/bin/adlmreg -i S 2018.0.0.F /var/opt/Autodesk/Adlm/Maya2018/MayaConfig.pit

This doesn't appear to work and just gives me the following error:

libadlmutil.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I can't figure out where I'm going wrong, I've checked file names to make certain they exist (which they do!) I've checked file paths and I'm certain I've got them correct.

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
leowarren34
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Just a heads up that Ubuntu isn't supported by Maya which is probably the main issue, whilst it may work stability may be less than ideal. https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-requirements-for-Autodesk-Maya-2018.html 

However, if you wish to stay with Linux, newer versions of Maya do officially support RedHat and CentOS distros.

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report