Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Question and Issues

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
368 Views, 4 Replies

License Question and Issues

Hello I will do my best to explain the situation.   We were under the impression that when we purchased the software we were getting one seat that could be shared between computers.   Does this require the network license manager to be in place?   For the last year there was only one guy that needed access so the software was originally setup and installed on his machine.  I'm not sure if we set it up wrong by doing that but now the license is tied to that machine.  I was able to use the transfer license utility to get it back to our autodesk account. 

How can i set this up so the license can be shared.  I have downloaded the network license manager and set it up on our server.  However I can't seem to figure out how to get the license.

Maybe our account is not set up the way I am thinking and it can't be shared.  I am attaching a picture that shows our account.  I appreciate any help very much.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

that is a standalone license not a network license

1 license means 1 user this is not meant to be shared with multiple users & machines

that 1 user can install on a desktop and a laptop and only that 1 person use the software at one time if you need multiple people that need the software at the same time you need to buy more

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

Ok thanks for clearing that up.  Is there anyway to change my current license? 

Message 4 of 5
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

No there's not..  You will have to subscribe to term base licensing at this point.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 5
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

Welcome!Smiley Happy 

It seems you have a Standalone license it supposts one or more Autodesk products for an individual user. There is a multi-seat version that supports a specific number of users. Software can be installed on additional computers in your facility, but the number of concurrent users is limited.

Please contact us if you have further questions regarding Configuring a Product or Editing Your Account.

Thank you. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report