Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues Installing Inventor Professional 2021

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
francesco.bacchini
2066 Views, 22 Replies

Issues Installing Inventor Professional 2021

Hi everyone, I'm having several issues trying to install Inventor Professional 2021.

As or right now this is what appear to be installed on my machine:

2021_02_23_HpEnvy-Francesco_10_47_12.png

I don't know why there are several applications that have been duplicated.

I've already tried uninstall every Autodesk product and reinstall them one by one, but nothing changed.

What should I do? 

Is there a way to entirely clean Inventor 2021 (also from the Registry) and then correctly install Inventor Professional 2021?

Control Panel TabControl Panel Tab

Start Tab - Clearly no Inventor 2021Start Tab - Clearly no Inventor 2021

2021_02_23_HpEnvy-Francesco_10_51_31.png

Labels (1)
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

First ... stop using the Install Now method ... clearly it's not working for you.

Try the following full installer 

http://trial2.autodesk.com/NetSWDLD/2021/INVPROSA/4259FA38-2218-4FF7-80E2-5464B7969683/SFX/Inventor_Pro_2021_English_Win_64bit_Dlm_001_003.sfx.exe
http://trial2.autodesk.com/NetSWDLD/2021/INVPROSA/4259FA38-2218-4FF7-80E2-5464B7969683/SFX/Inventor_Pro_2021_English_Win_64bit_Dlm_002_003.sfx.exe
http://trial2.autodesk.com/NetSWDLD/2021/INVPROSA/4259FA38-2218-4FF7-80E2-5464B7969683/SFX/Inventor_Pro_2021_English_Win_64bit_Dlm_003_003.sfx.exe

Try the foolo 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 23

Hi @francesco.bacchini,

Have you tried running the browser download installer, it tends to have fewer issues than other installers. You will know for certain if Inventor (or it thinks) is already installed by the blue ribbon that appears when it comes to selecting what components to install.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/download-install/download/about-download-methods/bro... 

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 4 of 23

@mdavis22569 thanks for your quick reply.

I think that before trying your method I should delete every single thing related to Inventor, right? Is there a working method for that?

Message 5 of 23

Let's download all 3 of mines.  As it's downloading, delete what's in your C:\Autodesk for Install now and Inventor.

Once all 3 of mine are downloaded. Turn off the Anti-Virus / Firewall.   Make sure you have Admin rights and double click on OO1

It should ask you where to extract it ... extract it as you normally word and lets go from there.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 6 of 23

@mdavis22569 I'll try, but I'm scared this could mess things up even more. This is what I found in my C/Autodesk folder:

2021_02_23_HpEnvy-Francesco_13_07_11.png

I think that yesterday I accomplished to delete every single trace of Autodesk on my PC without having to hard reset it... but somehow I'm still having issues installing Inventor Professional 2021.

Should I start over once again? I could definitely delete Autodesk traces even from the registry (Regedit), but I'm scared my issues could occur again.

Message 7 of 23

Run the Microsoft Fixit Tool:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-r...

If you have a 2nd drive, move the C:\Autodesk folder ..

This is just ALL of your installers.  So it's just taking up space.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 8 of 23

I don't have a second drive. I'll try running the tool. Let's see what happens.

Message 9 of 23

Just trying to clean up some space.   You can clean out the C:\Autodesk of the old software that won't hurt Anything

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 10 of 23

@mdavis22569 okay, I've decided to start from scratch once again by cleaning every Autodesk product from my computer. I'm using "Everything" to perform deep files research on my local hard drive and here what's left:

2021_02_23_HpEnvy-Francesco_14_09_09.png

There are some pictures (Keyshot stuff) an Event Log (unable to delete it, but I'd like to) and a strange folder I can't access.

Do you know how can I delete everything and then start from scratch with the installation?

P.S. I've also cleaned the registry under:

- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Autodesk

and 

• HKEY_ CURRENT_USER\Software\Wow6432Node\Autodesk
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Autodesk\Inventor\ RegistryVersion25.0 

There are still some Autodesk traces in the HKEY_ROOT folder, but I'm not sure if I can touch it or not.

Message 11 of 23

leave it .... 

Run the Microsoft fix it ... while my files are downloading and try my installer

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 12 of 23

@mdavis22569 leave what?

Are you referring to the ROOT folder?

I've already used your Fixit tool, but I'll try using it again.

I'm now downloading your files.

P.S. I'm under educational Licence. How can I authenticate then? 

Message 13 of 23

Do you show Inventor in your Account Manager as educational? 

https://manage.autodesk.com/cep

If so, you'd just use your Autodesk ID to activate it

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 14 of 23

@mdavis22569 this is what I'm seeing:

2021_02_23_HpEnvy-Francesco_14_37_26.png2021_02_23_HpEnvy-Francesco_14_37_37.png2021_02_23_HpEnvy-Francesco_14_37_45.png2021_02_23_HpEnvy-Francesco_14_37_53.png

Message 15 of 23

Perfect .. just need to use your ID to activate it ... 

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 16 of 23

EDIT: Let me know what my steps should be at this point.

I'm still trying to have installed and fully functioning the following:

Autocad 2021

alias 2021

inventor professional 2021

fusion

Message 17 of 23

@mdavis22569 

okay, so do you still recommend using the files you gave me instead of autodesk installer?

Message 18 of 23

Mine are the full offline installer. You've used ( going by images) the Install Now, which can have a lot of issues for some. 

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 19 of 23

@mdavis22569 I'll try using your installers in a couple of hours. I'll let you know if I need further help. Thanks for your support!

Message 20 of 23

@mdavis22569 I'm trying to use the Fixit Software. What should I press here?

2021_02_23_HpEnvy-Francesco_16_19_54.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report