Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with running the Autodesk Installer

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
olubunmi.oluwole
220 Views, 3 Replies

Issue with running the Autodesk Installer

It appears Autodesk has made changes to how the products are installed using the installer. Attached is a document that chronicles the steps taken to install AutoCAD and the resulting error. Does anyone have a clue to move beyond the error?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

For steps one and two - it seems like you created the installer as user 'bunmio'. If you then run the installer as Admin and click Open in folder, the installer points to the users folder (bunmio/downloads) for which Admin has no permissions. Hence the error. Something similar happens when you click Run Installer.

Easiest solution is to create / run the installer as Admin.

It's one of those ODIS-installer quirks ...

Message 3 of 4

Thanks, Simon, for the comments. I did create / run the installer as Admin but still didn't work. What I noticed is that it created this folder, "C:\Users\bunmio_adm\Downloads\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2024 - (EN)". The contents of the folder are in the attached document.

Message 4 of 4

Those are the setup files - they're only in the wrong location. I would copy them to a location for which the Admin account has permission. Then just run Setup.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report