Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor update and uninstall issues

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
794 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor update and uninstall issues

After installing Autodesk Inventor 2020, I tried to install the 2020.2 Update. During the update process a window poped up with "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." (see screenshot), probably searching for the Inventor setup file. After I found the file, the update was successfully installed. Luckily, after the issue described below, I didn't delete the setup files.

The last time I saw this window was when I tried to uninstall Inventor 2018 with Autodesk Uninstall Tool. The window poped up when the Tool was uninstalling Inventor 2018 (other products seemed to be uninstalled correctly). So, I had to use windows tools and CCleaner to clear the rest of files.

Does these issues mean that I must not delete setup files (8 GB) in order to update and uninstall Inventor products correctly?

My OS is Windows 7 SP1 (x64)

inv_update.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

When you originally installed Inventor, did you change the default location of where the install files are stored (C:\Autodesk\WI)? When you install updates, they modify the existing installation and look to the default location, if you have moved it somewhere else, you will need to specify the location. 

Also, Nightwish is a great band.

Message 3 of 3
mdavis22569
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

Unfortunately no ... Autodesk products from time to time need the original installation files / MSI's ... 

So you'll want to download / extract it again. From the you'll want to run the update again. 

Have you tried downloading the update itself and not from the Autodesk Desktop App?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report