Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2021 won't open

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
Anonymous
1745 Views, 24 Replies

Inventor 2021 won't open

I was told by customer service to come here.
I have the student version of Inventor 2021 and tried to open it for the first time but it didn't.
It loaded for like two seconds and then nothing happend. I tried to reinstall it with the same outcome.

Customer service thinks my problem has something to do with product functionality.

Does anyone know whats wrong and can help?

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
mdavis22569
in reply to: Anonymous

Did it ever work?

Also, have you tried turning off the firewall / anti-virus and starting it ?

http://trial2.autodesk.com/NetSWDLD/2021/INVPROSA/4259FA38-2218-4FF7-80E2-5464B7969683/SFX/Inventor_...

http://trial2.autodesk.com/NetSWDLD/2021/INVPROSA/4259FA38-2218-4FF7-80E2-5464B7969683/SFX/Inventor_...

Download all 3 and try running the installer again.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 25
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the student version of Inventor 2021

Do you have these three files?  (I'll wager no.)

JDMather_0-1614170273867.png

Can you ask your instructor to join this discussion?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous

I don't know if it ever worked on my pc since I had never tried to open it before.

All updates are installed.

I hope that this os the right info about the

Videocard: Treiberversion 20.20.33.02-201105a-360732E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2020

and driver: Vulkan™ Driver Version 2.0.158

I now also tried to open it without anti-virus but nothing has changed

Message 5 of 25
mcgyvr

@Anonymous  Try opening the "Services" app on your computer and find "Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service" and make sure its started and running then try to open Inventor again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: mdavis22569

I also tried to download the 3 files but when opening/extracting it not only foze my browser but also said that a file was missing (all 3 times). Inventor still won't open.
Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I don't think I have them and my teacher is curently away to supervise an exam.
Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

It already run, so it still doesn't open.
Message 9 of 25
mdavis22569

So let's go back a step.

Is the software currently installed? 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 10 of 25
Anonymous

Yes, it is.
Message 11 of 25
mdavis22569

So then forget about all of the extracting and downloading .... 

Do you have the Autodesk Desktop app installed? 

If so, is it working?   Do you see any updates needing to be installed?  If so, please install them.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 12 of 25
Anonymous

I have it installed and as far as I know it does work and no updates need to be installed.
Message 13 of 25
mdavis22569

So when you go to open Inventor .. how far does it get?

Also, can you try right clicking on the Inventor icon and clicking Run As Admin and see if it starts?

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 14 of 25
Anonymous

I double click and for maybe one or two seconds the little loading circle shows up and then nothing.
As for running it as an admin, a pop.up shows up with asks if i'm ok with letting this program make changes on my pc (kinda translated since it's in german) I click yes and the same as mentioned in the last sentence happens.
Message 15 of 25
mdavis22569

So it sounds like you might not have the right permissions / admin rights to run this program on your PC

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 16 of 25
Anonymous

But what can I do? I'm the only one using my pc.
Message 17 of 25
mdavis22569

Lower your UAC ( User Access Control ) 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-t...

and 

How to set up antivirus (AV) exclusions to improve stability and performance of Autodesk software

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Are-there-antivirus-excl...

Which URLs/Protocols need to be white listed for Autodesk Subscription Licenses

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/What-U...

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous

I did all this (hopefully right) and now trying to open it normal and as admin doesn't differ in any way with the same non functioning outcome.
Message 19 of 25
mdavis22569

Does it now open and let you work in a file?

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 20 of 25
Anonymous

No, it still doesn't open.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report