Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2017 vs. Inventor 2017 Pro?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jlotuaco
3030 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2017 vs. Inventor 2017 Pro?

What is the difference between the two?  I downloaded the free trial for Inventor 2017 and during the installation it asks which version I want to install.  It doesn't say anything about "Inventor LT" and I know there's plenty of comparisons between those two, but I can't find anything comparing the difference between "Inventor 2017" and "Inventor 2017 Professional".  Thanks in advance!

Joe

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: jlotuaco

@jlotuaco

Inventor Pro allows you to use tube & pipe, cable & harness, FEA, dynamic simulation, and other things.   Inventor LT only allows you to model in parts.  If you have a need for assemblies, than Inventor LT is not what you need.   Also a side note..  You can't purchase (subscribe to) Inventor anymore..  You can only get Inventor Pro for new license.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 6
jlotuaco

So when it just says "Inventor 2017" during the trial installer, that's referring to the "LT" version?
Message 4 of 6
Mark.Lancaster

NO..

It means you are installing Inventor 2017 or Inventor Pro 2017.  However I will help with the confusion...  Smiley Very Happy

If you currently own a license of Inventor (not Inventor Pro), you use the same installing when you upgrade your copy to the Inventor 2017 version.

If you purchase (ok rent/subscribe) a new license of Inventor you can only get Inventor Pro.

So in the end the installing is used for both version..  You select what version you have.

For trial you would want Inventor Pro because it has all the features and the only "flavor" of Inventor you can get now-a-days.

Inventor LT is its own installer and separate from what you're downloading and trying to install at this point.

Hope that helps...

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 6
jlotuaco

Thanks for the clarification! Its a bit confusing because I don't think it mentioned anything about previously having a license for Inventor.

To add to my confusion, I'm trying Inventor on my home PC while I wait for my company to setup my work PC and the options they give me are Inventor LT 2017, Inventor 2017 64 bit, and Inventor Professional 2016.
Message 6 of 6
Mark.Lancaster

I fully understand where you're coming from but the installation is not going to give you details in what you select based on your license type or what you have.  Smiley Wink

That's why its important to  do business with a reseller because they'll walk you through this process and clarify these items.  Do you have a reseller?

Mark Lancaster

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report