Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installed Navisworks roam .msi

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
sureshchotrani
1884 Views, 3 Replies

Installed Navisworks roam .msi

I have installed Naviswork roam .msi file which comes with IDS/BDS suite, know i want to uninstall/repair but the same is not working as while uninstalling from control panel it says it cannot uninstall.

Also when I run complete IDS suite there also i am not able to repair/install as there it shows checked(mean the software is installed).

What should I do? 

I am not able to open the navisworks as it say some dll file missing:(

www.bim-3d-4d-5d.blogspot.com
www.bim-navisworks.blogspot.com
Twitter @SureshChotrani
Give KUDOs if happy & accept solution if post provides solution
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
avto
in reply to: sureshchotrani

Try using Microsoft FixIT tool, it usually resolves broken install/uninstall issues fine.

Below is the link to an Autodesk KB article about FixIT tool.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/installation-activation-licensing/get-ready/remove-pr...

Regards,

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
AndyG_ADSK
in reply to: sureshchotrani

Suresh,

What the "fix it" tool will do is delete a few registry entries and superficially appear to succeed whilst also leaving a whole pile of stuff hanging around.  I really wish we would stop telling people to use tools like that.

It sounds like you have run the roamer MSI without using the Installer UI.  This will produce a wide variety of outcomes ranging from very bad, for example missing dlls from the Language Pack right through to merely averagely bad, such as the licensing system may not be initialised properly.  What you will need to do is uninstall the roamer MSI and re-install through the usual Installer UI.

I can tell you the command to run to ensure a complete uninstall, but I will need to know the year and flavour you have installed, e.g. Manage 2015.

Cheers

Andy

Autodesk Employee

Message 4 of 4
sureshchotrani
in reply to: AndyG_ADSK

After almost spending a 4-6hrs searching, I gone back to msi file right clicked there I got the uninstall option.

After that I think you know what I should have done, I run again IDS waited it asked me to install Navisworks.

Thanks for helping:)

www.bim-3d-4d-5d.blogspot.com
www.bim-navisworks.blogspot.com
Twitter @SureshChotrani
Give KUDOs if happy & accept solution if post provides solution

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report