Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation parameters for AutoCAD 2022 (ODIS installer)

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
lars.svingen9SH6C
9712 Views, 8 Replies

Installation parameters for AutoCAD 2022 (ODIS installer)

Hi

Is there a list somewhere for the installation parameters for ODIS installers used for AutoCAD 2022?

I'm aware of the examples from the Online-generated deployments below, but this does not reference all the possible parameters for common install settings, like suppressing reboots, etc.

Also attempts to get possible switches from the Installer.exe with /? or -? parameters does not give any results either.

rem ========== Install the deployment with basic UI ==========
"FOLDER\image\Installer.exe" -i deploy --offline_mode --ui_mode basic -o "FOLDER\image\Collection.xml" --installer_version "1.18.0.25"

rem ========== Install the deployment silently ==========
rem "FOLDER\image\Installer.exe" -i deploy --offline_mode -q -o "FOLDER\image\Collection.xml" --installer_version "1.18.0.25"

rem ========== Uninstall the individual product ==========

rem ========== Uninstall Autodesk AutoCAD 2022 - English
rem "FOLDER\image\Installer.exe" -i uninstall -q --manifest "FOLDER\image\ACD_2022_en-US\setup.xml"

Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hello @lars.svingen9SH6C

Thank you for reaching out to the community. 

Take a look at this article it provides the options & parameters for ODIS. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 9

Hi @natasha.l 

Thanks for the link, this information certainly helps a lot 😊
However I can't seem to find any arguments for suppressing reboots in the documentation.

Do you know if this might be documented somewhere else as extensible properties to be specified with the --props parameter, or maybe implied by other parameters during install like --ui_mode silent or --install_mode deploy ?

Message 4 of 9

Hi @lars.svingen9SH6C

Glad to hear this was helpful to you. 😊

Regarding your other question the ( -h, --help ) provides all available options & parameters, so if it is not listed it is not available.  

Message 5 of 9
david_lowe2
in reply to: natasha.l

That link doesn't exist and --help and -h displays nothing. So no solution here

Message 6 of 9

The article she linked to (or at least one with the same basic info) is here: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/ENU/Autodesk-Installation-Admi...

There's a "-h" help command listed but it doesn't do anything when run against the Revit 2022 "installer.exe", so my guess is they just didn't bother to implement it. It would probably be too helpful otherwise.

The parameters list doesn't say anything about suppressing reboots. Autodesk has concluded that it knows better than you what needs to be done and will reboot your computers without warning or prompting, and there's basically nothing you can do to stop it, peon. You should just assume anytime you're going to install something of theirs that it will reboot the computer and plan accordingly.

Message 7 of 9

Hi @walkermacy ,

Reboots are suppressed for deployments (from the Custom Install tool on Autodesk Account).  Other installations are not suppressed because the assumption is that it is an interactive installation.  Also, reboots are only performed when Microsoft components are updated during installation.  If reboots are a concern, we suggest that you manage these Microsoft components separately and update them when you are prepared to reboot your devices, prior to Autodesk product installations. 

Danny Polkinhorn
Sr. Product Manager
Message 8 of 9
robin.grafCHSKM
in reply to: natasha.l

This article seems to be non-existent... 😕 

Message 9 of 9

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report