Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation error 1631 Autocad LT 2021 upgrade

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ronholtz01
4262 Views, 7 Replies

Installation error 1631 Autocad LT 2021 upgrade

I have a subscription to Autocad LT 2020 on my Windows 10 AMD based workstation.  Today I received an email from Autodesk saying that I was eligible to upgrade to version 2021. I downloaded the installation file and extracted it to the correct folder.  The installation gets to item 8 of 11 and then gives me an error message 1631 saying that my Windows Installer was not running.  I checked my services folder and discovered that it was running.  I tried several more times to download the files and install to no avail.  I was told by an Autodesk tech on chat to download using my browser.  Still nothing. I went on chat again and the second tech told me that I should wait a couple of days and try it again because everything has not synced up yet since I just received the email today. Does anyone have any ideas for me to try next?  Thanks in advance. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: ronholtz01

read this: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Pb-d-i...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 8
ronholtz01
in reply to: DarrenP

I l ended up having to do a reinstall of Windows 10 and a fresh install of Autocad LT 2021.

Message 4 of 8
RobtRoma
in reply to: DarrenP

I have this issue as well.  I just tried to apply this solution.  There are no "Null" values in that Registry Location.  The only Autodesk entry I can find is named ADSK_CLM_WPAD_PROXY_CHECK and its value is set to FALSE.  There is an entry called (Default) that says (value not set) but that is a system value that is in every registry location.   Are there any other possible solutions?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I am getting the same error with the trial version, doesn't encourage me to pay for the actual product. I deleted all Autodesk software off my computer and tried again. Still not working. This is infuriating! Total loss of $$$ messing with this just to open one file. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

I don't even have the slightest idea how to reinstall Windows, so that sucks for me. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Contact Microsoft support via chat, they usually reply within 5 minutes and can guide you through the process.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Or contact Autodesk support to help you with your installation issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report