Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Product Key for Inventor

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
RSOUTHEE
384 Views, 2 Replies

Incorrect Product Key for Inventor

I have Plant Design Suite Ultimate on subscription. I have just installed 2016 from a USB stick but when I try and open and activate Inventor it is saying my serial number is wrong. I have noticed that the serial numbner is correct but the product key is different to what I have.

My serial number and product key should be edited, however the activation screen is showing XXX-XXXXXXX / 797H1

All of the other software within the suite works fine , i.e. Revit,Autocad, Navisworks, 3DS max. But Inventor doesn't.!!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled but still the same problem.

I did previously download a trial version of inventor, but this was uninstalled - not sure if this could be causing the problem ?? However I have tried opening inventor direct from the application file in the 2016 folder - but again the same problem.

Help please !

Please be aware that this is a public forum posting serial numbers or personal information is not advised

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Otto
in reply to: RSOUTHEE

Hello RSOUTHEE

It looks like you're getting an "Invalid Serial Number” message or having trouble with your product key while trying to register and activate your Autodesk software. The following article(s) should help you resolve the problem:

Click Top reasons why you may get a Serial Number Error during Activation

And check Error: "Invalid serial number" (standalone activation)

For product key information: Finding Serial Numbers & Product Keys

If you’re having an issue with your product key, please make sure that you are using the correct one for your product (especially if your product comes from a suite). Finally, you should type then numbers and letters in. We do not recommend copy/paste.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 3
RSOUTHEE
in reply to: Otto

Just to close this out, the USB media stick supplied was at fault. The solution was to download the software from Autodesk ( which took 3 days !) and install from the download - all ok after that and no problems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report