Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have to reinstall Windows and I don't want to lose my Revit license. How can I go about that?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
najahiri
148 Views, 4 Replies

I have to reinstall Windows and I don't want to lose my Revit license. How can I go about that?

The question is very much the title. We have a subscription with three licenses associated to that, and I would like not to lose one as I find myself reinstalling the OS. How can I do that?

Labels (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Simon_Weel
in reply to: najahiri

If you have subscription, I take it you have to provide Autodesk credentials to use Revit. In which case you don't have to do anything - just install the whole thing, start Revit, enter your credentials and you're back in business.

Message 3 of 5
najahiri
in reply to: Simon_Weel

Thank you for the quick answer. I was worried I would be flagged as using the same software with the same account from two different devices (being the two devices the same device with the reinstalled OS). Do you confirm me that this is not what will happen?

I hope you understand my fear of having to deal with proving I reinstalled the OS to Autodesk! 😉

Message 4 of 5
pendean

@najahiri wrote:

Thank you for the quick answer. I was worried I would be flagged as using the same software with the same account from two different devices (being the two devices the same device with the reinstalled OS). Do you confirm me that this is not what will happen?

No one here is going to guarantee much of anything since we do not legitimately know your full details or circumstances.

For all of us customers with active subscriptions (aka paying Autodesk now for licenses), we all can run our software separately (never at the same time) on up to three devices without much issue. Look it all up yourself in the FAQ section here

https://www.autodesk.com/solutions/autocad-subscription-faq#:~:text=Can%20I%20install%20AutoCAD%20on...

pendean_0-1687353892973.png

Message 5 of 5
najahiri

Both of your answers were very helpful, thank you very much! 

I also promise to keep both personally accountable if anything bad happens 🙈 /s

Seriously, thank you! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report