Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant get 2012 lt to download on my computer

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
380 Views, 7 Replies

I cant get 2012 lt to download on my computer

I downloaded the 30 day trial version of 2012 LT off Autodesk.com, and ran the exe. file (32 bit). It goes through the entire extract process, and at the very end, it crashes out It says the Autodesk component has encountered a problem and needs to close I have attached some files. This is the first screen that pops up after it crashes out. The PDF is the data reports.2012 LT Error Report (1).jpg. Can anyone please help?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

While you wait here:

Installation and Licensing Forum:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

Is your OS 32 bit?

And you may need to look for Autodesk entries and remove them from the Registry to get the install to work:

Remove Autodesk Products:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240817&id=2887771&siteID=123112

Assuming you do not have other Autodesk software on your system the registry edit should be fairly simple.

You may even want to try a System Restore prior to the LT 2012 Download say a couple days ago and then give the install a try again.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

ok...I had to uninstall some of the autocad entites (there were some on my pc). Did what this asked, and it still give me that error message. To my knowledge, there is nothing AutoCAD on this machine.

Message 4 of 8
Charles_Shade

Is your OS 32 bit?

Are you running Norton products or a heavy handed Anti-virus of some sort?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

i'm pretty sure the OS is 32 bit. i believe I have Symantic as my anti virus.
Message 6 of 8
Charles_Shade

Older PC with XP on it?

If you right click My Computer; Properties; General tab on the Desktop it will state the OS and if 64 bit will say that too.

Try disabling the Symantec (Norton) during the install.

And go thru the exercise of removing the Autodesk files (again).

Couple things to read:

AutoCAD and Norton

Symantec (same link as is on other page)

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

PC from late 2008, has XP 2002 on it. Was reformatted about a year or so ago. I double clicked on My Compter, and under the general tab, I didn't see it anywhere that OS it was..it has a Intel Pentium Dual CPU, E2180@2.00 GHz, 3 GB Ram, but nowhere saying the OS. I disables Antivirus, and went through the motions again, to no luck...still pops up that error. There is no AutoCAD program on this PC as of now. I'm also running Windows Update, to see if it's something there.

Message 8 of 8
Charles_Shade

That's pretty much the same computer specs that I am running LT 2012 on.

You may need to seek further direct Help from Autodesk if an Autodesk Installation Guru does not chime in here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report