Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't install Maya 2016 student version.

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
Anonymous
7155 Views, 17 Replies

I can't install Maya 2016 student version.

I just uninstalled 2016 maya and trying to re-install but get this FNP_Act_Installer.dll error message. How can I fix it?

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
caddude
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi freezingrain,

I look through the Autodesk foruma nd found this article that may help:  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/error-installing-revit-2012-failed-to-load-fnp-...

Basically,

1. Uninstall Maya, if it was partially isntalled.

2. Use MS Fix it to fix any registry issues: https://support2.microsoft.com/fixit/

3. Resart

4. Try to isntall Maya to C:/Autodesk

Hope this help,

caddude

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: caddude

I fixed it. Had problem with temporary file location. Thanks.
Message 4 of 18
lightningg25

Hello I have also had issues installing the student version of maya 2016.

Right from the start the installer says that there is a network error even though I am connected to wifi. I have tried using a different wifi connection and it still wont take.

Any ideas?

Message 5 of 18
camilo.lemos
in reply to: lightningg25

Hi @lightningg25 and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Please, disable your firewall and anti-virus programs and download the software from our Virtual Agent linked here (click on Download Links, choose product and version).

I hope this helps!

Camilo Lemos

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous

Sooo how did you fix it? 'Cause I think I am having the same problem with the temp file location.

Message 7 of 18
matthew.d

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about the issue. Did you try the solution posted by @caddude?

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous

Im also having trouble downloading maya but my problem hasnt been addressed here I'll attach my installation logs i dont know the reason it just says some products failed to download

Message 9 of 18
matthew.d

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry about the problem. Here is how to resolve an error 1603 during installation. Try just installing your system updates prior to installing.

Matt DiMichele

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 10 of 18
Anonymous

Hello, Im trying to download the 2016 maya but for some reason it is only letting me chose the option of 2015,
is there a way that i can download the 2016??

Thanks

Message 11 of 18
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community and hopefully my (or someone else) reply will be beneficially to you.

Since you’re new to the community I just wanted to inform you this is a worldwide (public) user forum where users are assisting others. For any future postings you may do, please do not include any personal information (such as your serial #) in anything that you share (including screen shots & attachments) with us.

I assume you are a student?   Did you apply for the 2016 license?  If you are a student you will have to contact the Educational Support team here.  We are only users here and have no access to your account.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 12 of 18
Alessandra.G

Hi @Anonymous,

We did some fixing in your account and y<ou should now be able to download your other license as well.

Regards,

Alessandra G

Message 13 of 18
matthew.d

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the community!

Appologies for the trouble. Have you tried clearing your cache, cookies, and another browser?

Matt DiMichele

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: matthew.d

Hi Matt, Thanks for the quick reply, I have actually sorted out my problem, looks like i was on the wrong page and was looking at my currently downloaded page
i have been redirected to the page and have downloaded the 2016 version.

Thanks heaps
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous

Can you only on install it on one device? I installed it on my Laptop and now it's showing I have already installed it buy I haven't. Sorry for hijacking this thread, I've been having a hard time trying to find help.

Message 16 of 18
matthew.d

Hi @Anonymous,

Subscriptions can have it installed on multiple devices. Go ahead and give it a try.

Matt DiMichele

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous

Hello i have a HP Envy 360, Windows 10 home. I have not been able to complete the download of Maya 2016 education version. My computer meets the requirements for storage, processors, and etc. The Error of my download is 1603. I have disabled my firewall and anti virus with no success. The installation   downloads all the files associated with Maya then It skips the direct X, and right at the time to install the program Maya itself it gets to 1.5 GB, freezes for ~ 4 minutes before aborting and failing.

Message 18 of 18
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community

Its probably failing due to the method you're using.

Download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent (link is in my signature) and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

Good luck on your installation.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report