Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate new product key

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
williamliisberg
1902 Views, 4 Replies

How to activate new product key

Hello, I am one of the early users of Fusion 360 which means I have an ultimate version available. I'm currently still running on my education license but I'd like to activate the ultimate version so that I can work together with my friend on different projects. I found the product key for Fusion 360 Ultimate on your website manage.autodesk.com/ , but after a lot of frustration and reinstalling everything Autodesk related on my computer I still can't figure out how to activate the ultimate version of Fusion 360. 

Can someone tell me where to activate Fusion 360 Ultimate?
 - I'm running windows 10

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

@williamliisberg 

Are you still a student currently signed up and attending a qualified educational institution?  https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/education-program/who-can-join/el...

In addition you need a separate Autodesk Account.  Never combine educational with other offerings.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 5

Yeah still valid for an educational account. Well... I have mixed my educational account with my early adopter fusion account, soo isn't there some way for me to enter the product key that I have for fusion 360 ultimate so that it overrides my current license?

Message 4 of 5

@williamliisberg 

Never mix educational account with non-educational products.   Once a account becomes educational all products you request are educational.

At this point you would need to reach out to the educational support team and have them strip away your educational status and access to your files if they are store in the cloud.   But it sounds like you still need access to both.

Reach out to them https://www.autodesk.com/education/support/edu-contact-us-form and see what they can do.  In addition, Fusion 360 doesn't use serial # or product keys.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 5

Okay got it!
Thank you for your help and advice, I appreciate it.

... Just checked and found out it's I have a serial key, not sure if that makes a difference in any way or whether or not it's used to identify my license or something. This is what the key looks like 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report