Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you activate CAD?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
simonJ8PL6
328 Views, 3 Replies

How do you activate CAD?

I just installed AutoCAD 2022, but when I launch the program and try to sign in it says, "“This email or username is not recognized CREATE ACCOUNT INSTEAD”. I am currently able to login to my account and this forum to post this issue with the same login, so clearly my user name (which is an email address) and account exists.

Next I go to the, "Autodesk Licensing - Activation Options" within the software to enter the serial number, but the serial number is nowhere to be found? I never got an email with the serial number. I then head over to, "manage.autodesk.com" and click on "AutoCAD", and to the right of "Version" and underneath, "Activation" it says, "Sign In", but I cant sign in through the software!? Can someone please explain how to activate this software? Am I overlooking something? I'm about to go bald from tearing my hair out.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hello @simonJ8PL6

If it's a new license, you must be added as a user in your license administrator Autodesk Account. Then a license must be assigned to you. At this point you will be able activate AutoCAD with your Autodesk ID.

Cheers   

Message 3 of 4
simonJ8PL6
in reply to: simonJ8PL6

Nope. As it usually goes, I found out what the problem was just after I posted my comment. I could not find what my user name was anywhere (seriously autodesk?), but when I posted here, I noticed that my user name was,"simonJ8PL6". I then used that to successfully log into the software that was fully licensed. You don't have to input a serial number to activate your account. Why is CAD asking me for a serial number then!? You just have to sign in using your user name, NOT your email. It would be so nice if Autodesk could document these simple steps clearly somewhere on their site so the end user could do a seamless install without problems. Why do you make it so hard to install your software? I wasted hours. I hope this helps someone out there from going bald. Sheesh...

Message 4 of 4
leowarren34
in reply to: simonJ8PL6

Hi @simonJ8PL6,

Some users still have serial numbers and multi-user standalone licenses which use serial numbers are still a thing, but I do agree that it's odd that Serial Numbers are the first thing you see when they apply to so few people. As for signing in, you can use your email address or username, just make sure you're using the email address that you created the account with.

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report