Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed - MentalRay not loading for Mac

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
323 Views, 2 Replies

Help needed - MentalRay not loading for Mac

Maya is a pathetic program for the stubborn individuals. I prefer C4D by Maxon however I'm forced to use this annoying program called Maya at work.

Why is C4D superior? b/c you don't get these error msgs. Everything works, and works well in C4D. This customer service at Autodesk is hard to get to. Ava, their automated program is shafty as well b/c no solutions are ever solved by it. 

*Just trying to install MentalRay (that has been working ever since I've been here) yet all of a sudden it disappeared from my options and within the Plug-In Manager I receieve the following:

// Error: line 1: dlopen(/Applications/Autodesk/mentalrayForMaya2016/plug-ins/Mayatomr.bundle, 1): Library not loaded: @executable_path/libsynColor.2016.0.51.dylib  Referenced from: /Applications/Autodesk/mentalrayForMaya2016/plug-ins/Mayatomr.bundle  Reason: image not found (Mayatomr)

I then went to Ava to understand wtf is going on and it directs me to an installation process that didn't work.

**Once again this program is a waste of my valuable time, every time, I open the program..(Fix your **** Maya). 

-adam osiecki

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

Sorry for the inconvenience. For Maya 2016 SP6 you need to install compatible mental ray plugin for Mac. 

Mental ray for Maya 2016 SP6 loading error

mentalray_Plugin_for_Maya_2016_SP6_EN_JP_ZH_Mac_OSX.dmg

Which you can download from the Maya 2016 SP6 download page. Maya 2016 Service Pack 6

Details link: 

Note: This Extension requires the latest Maya 2016 Service Pack. Please install the latest Service Pack before applying this update. The Extension may also be installed from the 'Product Enhancements' link. Autodesk recommends applying all available updates (Service Packs, and Product Extensions for Subscription customers) to maintain the highest levels of performance and reliability.

Keep us posted. 

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolved the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 3
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

I wanted to check-in with you, I hope you were able to install the plug-in without a problem. 

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolved the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report