Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having Trouble getting into Maya...

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
777 Views, 3 Replies

Having Trouble getting into Maya...

I have an educational account. we are trying to get Maya up and running. I've got it installed. but it is requiring a serial number, which are not given with an educational license. it only gives the option to enter a serial number or 30 day trial. as it is, I cannot start the program with my educational license. what am I supposed to do?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
gabe.anderson
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous-

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing your educational license of Maya.

What you'll need to do is visit our Education Community and click the link to "Get Products." From there you'll be prompted to create your education profile, verify your eligibility, then you'll be able to download Maya.

Going through this flow will allow you to activate your educational entitlement and login to Maya using your Autodesk account.

Hope this helps, and let us know how it goes.

-Gabe

Gabe Anderson
Senior Product Manager, Education Subscription
Autodesk Education Experiences

Autodesk Education | Contact Autodesk Education Support
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: gabe.anderson

I think the situation is solved. I think. So, here was the problem: The software was not registering as one of my products in my profile. Apparently, it is supposed to do that once I download it. it didn't. so, I re-downloaded it. But I also sent in a help desk email explaining the problem. I got an email saying that the software is now registered to my account. I dont know if that was because I re-downloaded it or if someone from the help desk fixed it. Either way, once it was registered to my account, it worked. 

But here's the thing: I had to sign in for the 30 day Trial version. There is no "educational" option when you sign in for the first time. I might recommend adding an "educational version" option for the future. I've been putzing around trying to get this up and running for weeks. A lot of confusion could have been resolved if there was something like that. 

Message 4 of 4
gabe.anderson
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Melanie-

Glad to hear you sorted this out! Yes, re-downloading products via the Education Community activates your educational entitlement, so I suspect that's what did the trick.

-Gabe

Gabe Anderson
Senior Product Manager, Education Subscription
Autodesk Education Experiences

Autodesk Education | Contact Autodesk Education Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report