Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Genuine Service - How to uninstall it? (I moved to a different machine)

119 REPLIES 119
SOLVED
Message 1 of 120
EricsUsername
334565 Views, 119 Replies

Genuine Service - How to uninstall it? (I moved to a different machine)

HOW TO UNINSTALL The ADSK Genuine Service ?

• I moved 3dsMax to a new computer.
• 3dsMax is no longer installed on that previously used computer.

• I want to remove the Genuine Service from the previously used system.

To whoever or whomever saves the say here.. I PRE-THANK YOU
IMO:  The "ADSK Genuine Service" should be smart enough to allow uninstall of itself when there's no longer any ADSK programs on the system.

119 REPLIES 119
Message 21 of 120
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks!
Message 22 of 120
Anonymous

Works perfectly

Message 23 of 120
Josue.RomeroMUBNY

Message from Brian~Roberts solved it for me, thank you very much. And yes, quite unethical from Autodesk's side.

Message 24 of 120
Josue.RomeroMUBNY

Message from Brian~Roberts solved it for me, thank you very much. And yes, quite unethical from Autodesk's side.

Message 25 of 120
Anonymous
in reply to: EricsUsername

This is so egregious. I want this malware off my machine.

Message 26 of 120
Anonymous
in reply to: hexnand

Thanks for this. the troubleshooter does the job so easily
Message 27 of 120
Anonymous

:Deleted:

Message 28 of 120
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

I want to delete your app now, I don't have any autodesk products and I'm not going to use them because they don't meet my needs
Message 29 of 120
Anonymous

Autodesk should be ashamed of themselves because they stopped me from removing Genuine Service from my PC (they have no right to do this). I will never buy any of their products because of this. Here is the solution guys from Microsoft (If you are on a MAC best of luck):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-r...

Message 30 of 120
Anonymous

This is absolutely unacceptable. I cannot believe a professional company would force a service that persists after uninstallations and in addition will only disable itself even after rejecting TOS.

I will make every effort I can to move our company (about 160 licensed ACAD/Revit/Max products) out of your ecosystem. 

Message 31 of 120
Anonymous

This is not a solution. I don't want it disabled, I want it gone and on my timetable. There is no good reason Autodesk should permanently install a piece of software that I, as an Admin, can't remove. 

Message 32 of 120
Anonymous

It worked .....thanks
Message 33 of 120
Anonymous
in reply to: hexnand

Thanks it works for me !!

S

Message 34 of 120
Anonymous

Yea this is the definition of malware.

Message 35 of 120
Anonymous

I never again work with autodesk
Message 36 of 120
Anonymous

This worked, thanks!
Message 37 of 120
Anonymous

Hi. I found that folder but it's empty...
Message 38 of 120
walkermacy

@Brian~Roberts wrote:

The uninstall puts down a powershell script for a few seconds (before it disappears) which appears to check for the existence of 2 files to determine if Autodesk Genuine Service can be uninstalled....

"C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm\ProductInformation.pit"

"C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Genuine Autodesk Service\id.dat"

username being into which account this was installed

Delete these two files.

Then run your uninstall

MsiExec.exe /X{54A00624-3EF9-49A2-92A9-7244EADD0212} 

This worked for me within a VM environment for testing the uninstall of one product.

I would not like to guess what doing this on an end users machine with numerous Autodesk products installed would do.... probably not recommended. However to perform a clean up of a machine to move 3ds to another, it may suffice as a workaround.

I want to point out that this is the ONLY method I've found that will reliably allow me to uninstall AGS. I use it in our automated PDQ Deploy scripts as well as having to do it manually a number of times. The only difference I've found with what Brian-Roberts posted is the AGS GUID has changed in newer versions, so I had to track that down in the registry to get the current one, which will likely change again at some point in the future. I believe an updated version of the application was released in late November, 2020, and the uninstall string for it is:

MsiExec.exe /X{317D67F2-9027-4E85-9ED1-ADF4D765AE02}

The user account where the "id.dat" file is located is the one that was used to install the software, not necessarily the one that's used to run the software. I install all of our software using an admin account on workstations, not the user account of the person who uses the computer and the software, so I have to find that file in the admin account's local appdata directory. I'm sure most people install and run their Autodesk software from the same account, but it's good to have clarity on where to look for that file.

Message 39 of 120
Anonymous
in reply to: walkermacy

All of the above solutions are So Unnecessary if you are using a PC. Just use this tool from Microsoft it will uninstall anything and you are good to go:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-r...

Message 40 of 120
walkermacy

@Anonymous wrote:

All of the above solutions are So Unnecessary if you are using a PC. Just use this tool from Microsoft it will uninstall anything and you are good to go:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed-cca7d1b6-65a9-3d98-426b-e9f927e1eb4d

Yeah, unless you are automating your uninstalls, then Microsoft's tool is useless. Otherwise, yes it's actually a really great utility.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report