Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchanging Civil 3D license

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dilsmails
505 Views, 2 Replies

Exchanging Civil 3D license

Hi all,

I have a civil 3D 2016 license in my old computer. Now it is very slow and not comfortable to work with that computer. So I brought a new computer, how can I transfer the license from old computer to new computer. Anybody can give a solution for this please... and can I update 2016 license to 2019 version or any previous updated versions.

Please note, the installation CD is not with me now and no possibility to get it back.

Dileep

Dileep
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
WarrenGeissler
in reply to: dilsmails

You can use the Autodesk Virtual Agent to download Civil 3D 2016 onto the new computer (ava.autodesk.com) and in the old computer use the License Transfer Utility installed with Civil 3D

Warren Geissler
Drafting Manager Denver Water

Please ACCEPT AS SOLUTON if this works
(...and doesn't melt your computer or cause Armageddon)

Message 3 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: WarrenGeissler

The old license transfer utility for the perpetual stand-alone licenses could get a little finicky.  I'd recommend just installing on the new computer (check the OS version first: 2016 is not officially supported under Win 10) and activating.  If everything goes well, you can uninstall from the old computer.  If it doesn't, you still have the working license on the original computer.  If you've already activated a bunch of times, you'll need to manually request an activation code for the new computer since it won't do so automatically.

As for upgrading... you'll need to purchase a new license at full cost under most circumstances.  If you've got a good reseller they might give you a deal on upgrading.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report