Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - License checkout timed out

71 REPLIES 71
SOLVED
Message 1 of 72
Anonymous
84012 Views, 71 Replies

Error - License checkout timed out

I get a message that the license checkout timed out and autocad lt will shut down. how do I resolve this ?

71 REPLIES 71
Message 2 of 72
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Using what software and year version?
Message 3 of 72
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

AUtoCad LT 2020
Message 4 of 72
mdavis22569

It's a known issue with AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT 2020:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/The-pr...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 5 of 72

Sorry Mike, that AKN article doesn't seem to help in this case.  I'm getting the same error.  Was working fine after installing, until I rebooted my machine, now none of my 2020 software will run.

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 6 of 72

@chriscowgill7373 

Can you confirm is this service is installed and running?

2019-04-02_7-19-14.gif

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 72

Thank you @Mark.Lancaster   It was installed but not running, odd that my older software would still start up, just not 2020.  Started the service, and 2020 is up and running.  Now on to resolve the 1603 error that is preventing me from installing the toolsets. 

*****Edit***

It would appear having the license manager runninghas resolved my 1603 error as well.

*** Edit***

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 8 of 72

@chriscowgill7373 

That's the new single user/standalone licensing service.   Prior to the 2020 release it used this service

2019-04-02_7-34-27.gif

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 9 of 72

Although this does fix the issue, there seems to be a bigger underlying problem.  Why, every time I reboot, does the license service not start on its own?

Message 10 of 72

@chriscowgill7373 

Is it set to "Automatic"

Mark Lancaster

Message 11 of 72

indeed it is.

image.png

Message 12 of 72

@chriscowgill7373 

Usually that tells me the account doesn't have the permission to start the service.   Have you checked your Windows Event logs?

Mark Lancaster

Message 13 of 72

I cannot say I would know where to look.

In the Event viewer, it is showing A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the AdskLicensingService service to connect.

Message 14 of 72

@chriscowgill7373 

If you right mouse click on the service and select properties, what account is being used for log on

2019-04-03_14-04-15.gif

Mark Lancaster

Message 15 of 72

Shows the same as your screenshot.

Message 16 of 72

@chriscowgill7373 

Right mouse click on the service and select properties.   On the general  tab change startup type to Automatic - Delayed Start and reboot to see if that makes a difference.

Mark Lancaster

Message 17 of 72

That looks like it got the license service to start, but the desktop app service is still not starting.  (not that i really use the desktop app to update anything but Infraworks)

Message 18 of 72
Anonymous

Getting the same issue here. 
licensing manager is running and set to automatic.
Autocad will open then after about a minute close with the same message.

This occurred seemingly randomly during use after a few hours then on repeat there on after. 

Message 19 of 72
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous 

I assume this is related to the 2020 product line?

Have you applied the new license hot fix https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Hybrid-Sleep-or-Hibernate-power-settings-impact-on-Autodesk-2020-product-licensing.html?_ga=2.50950505.1995553866.1554295459-47063012.1554295459

Mark Lancaster

Message 20 of 72
w_ebenryter

I have exactly the same problem. There is no other solution than to configure the services manually after running. No license amendment will help. AutoCAD LT 2020 has an error and until Autodesk has developed the fix so it will.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report